Local recruitment: Senior WaSH Officer
The Senior WASH Officer will be charged with the prioritization and coordination of the WASH interventions, and contribute to the development of concept papers and proposals for interventions, will be conducting the assessment, planning, design, implementation, supervision, expansion/development and administration of technical interventions. These will have a strong link to ongoing or planned water and sanitation, as well as health and activities.
- Provide water, sanitation and hygiene sectorial leadership and expertise in relevant needs assessments and analysis
- Conduct updated assessment (directly and remotely) of current situation in collaboration with relevant community and stakeholders; determine priorities and immediate activities and resources.
- Assess and monitor field based resources and capacities for response (human, material and financial).
- Ensure quality implementation of defined aims and objectives of the overall WASH response program
- Rapidly adapt design and overall response to the changing situation, taking into account the needs of the community; the current levels of capacity of actors on the ground; and eventual expanding of current programs
- Select and design water systems including source selection, abstraction, storage, treatment and distribution for new systems and/or the rehabilitation of old systems.
- Ensure appropriate management and operation of sanitation system, taking full account of local conditions, resources, customs and cultural norms.
- Define, in collaboration with other actors, a suitable hygiene promotion strategy for camps and host community contexts.
- Ensure Sphere standards both qualitative and quantitative are considered
- Ensure the quality aspect in selection and design of water systems including source selection (ground water, surface water), abstraction, storage, treatment and distribution for new systems and/or the rehabilitation of old systems
- Organize with the logistics, HR and finance departments materials and support needed for all activities.
- Carry out quality assessments in camps, Community Support Projects and Health Facilities; Conduct updated assessment (directly and remotely) of current situation in collaboration with relevant stakeholders; determine priorities and immediate activities and resources
- Facilitate Water supply and water quality monitoring
- Bachelor’s degree or master degree in civil engineering, public health or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience (minimum of 2 years in humanitarian situations; camp settings a plus).
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience (minimum of 1 year in humanitarian situations)
- Experience in emergency response, including rapid assessments and needs analysis
- Fluency in English (both oral and written skills)
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Demonstrated analytical skills, design skills and planning skills, clear and realistic activity timetable development, agreement, and overseeing implementation
- Able to prepare plans and reports, planning, negotiation and leadership skills
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Eligible to work legally in Turkey