Local recruitment: WASH Officer
The Maram Foundation for Relief and Development (Maram) is a non-profit organization, founded by American-Syrian activists to alleviate the suffering of people in need since its inception to date the foundation had delivered lifesaving aid and developmental projects to hundreds of thousands of Syrian IDPs and refugees along with host committees. For more information please visit our website (http://maramfoundation.org/).
Function and Organizational Relationships
Maram Foundation for relief and development Water, Sanitation And Hygiene (WASH) department continue to actively provide services for the newly displaced population as well as protracted IDPs in north-west Syria
Maram Foundation has an immediate vacancy for WASH Program Officer to manage water, sanitation, and hygiene project, programs, and awareness are implemented effectively, professionally, and in accordance with Maram Foundation standards the culture and practices of the local population.
Position: WASH Officer
Position Reports to: Programs Manager
Duration: 10 Months
Vacancy Ref. No: MF-HR/20-239
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Design, Develop, Revise, Update, and file with donors WASH proposals on behalf of Maram Foundation in North West Syria by working closely with other departments within Maram Foundation finance, and logistic departments and other WASH actors, taking into account budget, time, and resources
2. Manage the execution, implementation, budget, resources and on time delivery of new WASH projects for refugees to meet Maram Foundation standards of quality and integrity of implementation, including adherence to technical guidelines, administrative systems, and established deadlines
3. Manage and monitor the ongoing water, sanitation, hygiene activities administered directly by Maram Foundation and its partners.
4. Coordinate the activities of Maram Foundation WASH department with donors, partners, stakeholders, governmental and non-governmental counterparts and local authorities to deliver WASH services to beneficiaries
5. Develop, revise and update WASH Strategy, Support plans and operational plans for Maram Foundation programs in North West Syria by working closely with technical staff of implementing partners and other WASH actors, taking into account practical aspects of implementation, long-term sustainable solutions, and relevant technical specifications and guidelines.
6. Keep Maram Foundation Management up to date on the development and progress of WASH programs planning, budgeting and input to financial management of the program. Technical Assistance and Capacity Building
7. Provide technical guidance, reports and support to partners on all water, sanitation, hygiene related issues, to ensure quality, cost-effectiveness, sustainability and impact soundness in their implementation and in accordance with Maram Foundation policies, standards and priorities.
8. Identify, and address Maram Foundation WASH staff capacity building activities to address key areas of WASH importance to refugees and other persons of concern to Maram Foundation. Monitoring, Evaluation and Quality Assurance
9. Ensure that mechanisms to monitor the performance of Maram Foundations partners on WASH activities in the refugee camps / settlements / host community are in place.
10. Manage and coordinate with M&E WASH Monitoring System data collection and reporting is carried out systematically, properly and timely with quality information Reporting
11. Design develop Reporting System to report regularly on WASH activity for all WASH partners, while maintaining accurate records of all relevant WASH performance indicators.
12. Enforce country regulations and laws.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned by line manager.
1. University degree in civil/ water/ sanitation engineering or other relevant technical background.
2. Good understanding of management challenges presented in the WASH field and the dynamics of humanitarian issues within the global community.
3. More than Two years of relevant experience, including at least One year in WASH management.
4. Good experience in Project Cycle Management (PCM);
5. Good experience with GMS, Proposals development, submissions, follow up, budgeting, financials, revisions and execution.
6. AutoCAD skills
Job Requirements Related to the Syrian Conflict
1. In depth knowledge of the Syrian conflict, Syrian NGOs and stakeholders.
2. Minimum 2 years of experience of project implementation in humanitarian context;
3. Technical WASH Response expertise;
4. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
5. Flaunt in Arabic and English languages, Turkish language is definite plus.
6. Valid Turkish residency permits and ability to travel in the region.
1. Microsoft office 365 Excel data bases
2. Project Management / familiar with Project Management Software
3. Budgeting and Accounting Skills
4. Social media
5. Proficiency in the following computer programs: Auto cad (or another Cad software).=
Maram Foundation is a Nonprofit Organization and an Equal opportunity Employer. All applicants and employees at Maram Foundation will enjoy equality of opportunities and fair treatment without regard to Race, Color, ethnicity, age, sex, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, or marital status.
Kindly fill this form: