Please note: this job post has expired! To the best of our knowledge, this job is no longer available and this page remains here for archival purposes only.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the quantity and quality of water distributed is in line with the agreed specifications and in accordance with the humanitarian codes and WASH cluster guidelines.
- Close supervision for the worksites (water tanks, tap stands…etc.) and provide mentoring and instructions to workers.
- Ensure regular water provision either through water trucking or by pumping and assess obstacles and communicate any to the Project Manager/WASH.
- Close supervision for the regular small-scale maintenance required for water-related facilities.
- Close monitoring to the water quality and ensure that the water quality management process in being applied properly. And is being documented
- Liaise with the data team to ensure that the daily water logbooks that has the quantitative and qualitative data of the water distributed is documented in the database
- Ensure and follow up the conduction of the relevant water quality tests (microbiological test, turbidity test…etc.)
- Liaise with the logistics teams to ensure the monthly water invoices and completion certificates are prepared and supported with the logbooks.
- Support the Project Manager/WASH in preparing understandable BOQs and reports related to the water provision and quality monitoring activities.
- Supervise the chlorinators, Operators, and the water-supply assistants.
- Assess the work sites to ensure that the environmental aspects are respected and that facilities and construction have no negative environmental impact.
- Close supervision for the worksites (Latrines, Cesspools and septic tanks construction, garbage bins distributions…etc.) and provide mentoring and instructions to workers.
- Take measurements and report implementation achievements to the Project Manager/WASH.
- Close supervision for the regular maintenance required for the various sanitation facilities.
- Ensure that implementation of various activities is being done smoothly and in accordance to the agreed work plan confirmed by the WASH Manager.
- Provide support for the Project Assistant/WASHs in preparing BOQs and reports.
- Ensure the quantity and quality of materials related to the sanitation activities procured by logistics team are approved and matches the requirements.
- Ensure that the desludging activities are being conducted when required, and documented.
- Ensure that the latrine cleaning activity is ongoing according to the agreed standards and contracts.
- Lead Project Assistant/WASH and ensure program related data is collected in systematic manner.
- Degree in civil, Environmental or other related fields, or at least 3 years working experience in Humanitarian Organization in WASH department.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with as a team member.
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principle
- Ability to multitask with competing demands under tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Fully computer literate (Microsoft Office), other engineering software knowledge is an asset.
- Fluency in Arabic (written and spoken), English skills is desired.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants must fill the application form by this link https://forms.gle/nYiT616C5sdJ5e4K6
no later than 30 July 2020.
Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.