Do you need a cumulative and motivational environment?
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Institute (WASH Institute) established during the year 2008, is a registered non-profit government technical, training, research and development organization dedicated to providing practical solutions to tackle a wide range of water, sanitation and hygiene issues in India. Headquartered in Kodaikanal (Tamil Nadu), WASH Institute was granted the status of National Key Resource Centre by the then Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation (MDWS), now Ministry of Jal Shakti, Govt. of India in the year 2010. WASH Institute operates from different branch offices that are in Reddiar Chatram, Chennai, Madurai and Thiruppullani (Tamil Nadu), Munger (Bihar), Bhadrachalam (Telangana), Noida and Saharanpur (Uttar Pradesh), Malur (Karnataka), Anaparthy (Andhra Pradesh) and New Delhi. WASH Institute also have an academic wing that conducts formal courses at Reddiarchatram, Tamil Nadu in affiliation with the Madurai Kamaraj University. The Institute has also a proven track record of organizing National Workshops/conferences on various themes of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene. WASH Institute India is looking to recruit motivated personnel to share the vision of WASH Institute – “a world where all the communities have access to safe, protected and sustainable drinking water and sanitation services, with improved hygiene practices”.
Name of the position: Training Coordinator
No. of positions: 3
Duty Station: Delhi with frequent travel to training locations
• B.E Civil Engineering/ Environment Engineering with 7-8 years of experience in fecal sludge/ water/wastewater/Solid waste management or capacity building projects.
Masters in Environment Engineering/ Urban or Rural development/Management/ Social work with 4-5 of relevant experience
• Experience of working with State Government departments and agencies.
• Experience of working in capacity building projects
• Experience as a trainer desirable
• The training coordinators will be responsible for coordinating the national level training programs to be carried out by WASH Institute.
• They will be responsible for anchoring the training programs at project states.
• The training coordinators will have to network and liaison with the concerned representatives from various state and local Government departments to seek participation and organize the trainings.
• Provide necessary back end and front-end support to the program team and resource personnel in conducting the training programs.
• They will act as a point of contact for trainees, resource personnel and other stakeholders.
• They will also be expected to facilitate training sessions along with resource personnel.
• They will have to facilitate data collection for monitoring and evaluation programs to measure the effectiveness of trainings.
• Support the project team as required
Sound knowledge of speaking, reading and writing in Hindi and English is essential.
The annual Salary (CTC) will commensurate with the available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process.
How to Apply :
Please submit your recent curriculum vitae, including up to a 250 words summary explaining why you think you are suitable for this position. Application can be e-mailed to the following address:
The last date to submit application is 15 Aug, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. When e-mailing, please mention the post and location in the “subject” line.
WASH Institute is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.