The Alliance for Water Efficiency (AWE) seeks a qualified individual to serve in the position of Program Planner. The chosen individual will be an integral part of AWE’s Chicago office. The ideal candidate must be very organized, detail oriented, and flexible.
AWE offers generous benefits, and strives for a healthy work-life balance. Located in the heart of the Chicago Loop, the office is easily accessible via public transportation.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance of the Director of Programs, the Program Planner will work closely with other staff to promote water efficiency and sustainable water management practices, and to expand our outreach and impact. The Program Planner will be responsible for a variety of tasks such as conducting research, managing projects, and working directly with AWE members to provide technical assistance. The Program Planner will be involved in many focus areas including, but not limited to, water rates and charges, various end uses of water, cost-benefit analysis, policy, the water/energy nexus, and sustainable development.
- Research topics needing technical support and develop appropriate water efficiency materials.
- Assist other staff on special projects as needed.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
- Provide technical assistance to AWE membership, including the use of AWE’s Water Conservation Tracking Tool and the Sales
- Forecasting and Rate Model.
- Staff member advisory committee(s) as assigned.
- As warranted, attend conferences and present on project outcomes and deliverables.
- Coordinate and manage consultant contracts as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Key Attributes, Desired Experience, and Education:
- 2 years minimum water efficiency project/program experience.
- Strong interest in sustainability and mission-based organizations.
- Strong character, ethics, and a high standard of performance.
- Detailed oriented and flexible with strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Proven ability to maintain highly confidential information.
- Proficiency with PC operating system and office support software, including MS Office and particularly MS Excel.
- Ability to work occasional overtime.
- Cheerful presence and people skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited four-year college or university is required.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Attractive benefits package offered, including medical and dental; 401(k) retirement; and vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
About the Alliance:
The Alliance for Water Efficiency is a stakeholder-based nonprofit organization dedicated to the efficient and sustainable use of water. Headquartered in Chicago, the Alliance serves as a North American advocate for water-efficient products and programs, and provides information and assistance on water conservation efforts. AWE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. www.allianceforwaterefficiency.org
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected], with “Program Planner” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls. Open until filled.