Postdoctoral Researcher (Natural Resources & Environmental Systems)
This position will assists the Principle Investigator with ongoing academic research SF-INFEWS: Reducing Energy Barriers For Novel Water Supply Use in Sustainable Agriculture project funded through NSF NRT-INFEWS program in collaboration with The University of Texas at Austin. This position is funding by a grant or restricted funds. Continued employment is contingent on the renewal of grant or restricted funding.
- Assists the principal investigator in his ongoing academic program especially the NSF-INFEWS: Reducing Energy Barriers For Novel Water Supply Use in Sustainable Agriculture project funded through NSF NRT-INFEWS program in collaboration with The University of Texas at Austin.
- Conducts research that addresses complex energy and water challenges for agriculture; contribute, as needed, to other projects related to watershed hydrology; extreme hydrological events (flood and drought) prediction and evaluation; impacts of land use/cover changes on hydrologic processes; and numerical modeling using spatial and temporal data analyses.
- Assists in writing research findings for scientific reports and peer-reviewed journal articles and research proposals to continue and/or extend research work; participates in extension and outreach activities as need by the program; assists others researchers in CARC, e.g., students, researchers, and technicians; assists in achieving the university’s commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and service.
Required Education & Experience:
- An earned Doctorate degree in a related discipline
- Experience in the use of laboratory analytical techniques, field research design and implementations at different scales, spatial and temporal data analyses, and computer programming (e.g., high-level computer program languages including Java, C++, Python, PHP or related languages, SAS statistical software, MS-Access databases packages.
Job Posting Close Date:
Required, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Capacity and desire to work cooperatively in multidisciplinary teams, and the capability to publish research findings in high impact journals.
- Strong numerical/hydrologic modeling experience, including the use of different models and developing different water management tools.
- Excellent scientific writing and communication skills.
- Must have skills and familiarity in deploying and managing field instrumentation, e.g., soil moisture sensors, groundwater monitoring wells, data-loggers, and sensor networks.
- Must be able to work with and train undergraduate and graduate students on using different laboratory and field equipment and software.
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Cover Letter (optional)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Application Submission Guidelines:
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or should you need assistance with the online application process.
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.