Limited contract based on 40 weeks; 30/hr per week; $32.50 per hour
The Calgary Climate Hub is a volunteer-led, non-profit organization. Our mission is to educate and empower Calgarians to become active climate citizens.
As a small, recently launched, grass roots association, the Calgary Climate Hub relies extensively volunteers. In order to fulfill our mission, the Calgary Climate Hub requires the assistance of volunteers who are committed to supporting dialogue, learning and action on climate change. Currently, volunteers assist in the delivery of programs, increase contact with the greater community, and provide specific expertise.
Reporting to representatives of the Board of Directors, the Contractor will be responsible to recruit, engage, develop, and support volunteers through the implementation of a volunteer system based on better practice guidelines and the Calgary Climate Hub’s values and mission.
In accordance with the Calgary Climate Hub’s values and mission, the successful candidate will:
a) Conduct research on best practices for volunteer management
b) Implement a volunteer management system based on best practices that includes targeted recruitment, comprehensive orientation, purposeful training, individualized support and meaningful recognition
c) Develop and launch an outcome measurement system
d) Use technology to streamline the volunteer management process and gather actionable data
- Relevant post-secondary education.
- Four years of relevant work experience. Previous experience in volunteer management an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to conduct effective meetings. remotely using video conference software.
- Strong database skills are required; experience with NationBuilder software an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- As much of the work will be done remotely via online platforms (e.g., Zoom,) reliable access to the internet, a computer, and a printer are required.
- A flexible schedule, including the ability to attend meetings and community events on evenings or weekends may be required.
Candidates must be 18 years of age or older, a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the contract, have a valid Social Insurance Number prior to the start of the contract, and be eligible to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation and regulations. International students are not eligible for this contract.
The Calgary Climate Hub is an equal-opportunity employer, and encourages applications from gender and sexually diverse candidates, racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to organizational diversification of ideas.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] .
Start date: Mid-September, 2020
End date: August 31, 2021
Competition closes August 12, 2020. The Calgary Climate Hub thanks all applicants. Only those most qualified will be contacted.