The Executive Director of the Chattahoochee River Conservancy acts as Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for overseeing the mission, programs and day-to-day operations of the organization. The
Executive Director is the chief ambassador and fundraiser for the organization. He/She is responsible for ensuring the organization builds programs that advance its mission, secures the resources it needs to succeed and manages funds efficiently and effectively. The Executive Director is supervised by the Board of Directors and directs the work of the staff.
The Executive Director should be prepared to lead an established and respected environmental organization to new levels of reach and impact. He/She must be able to work collaboratively with local and statewide partners in the advancement of the Chattahoochee River Conservancy’s mission. He/She must exhibit a passion for the resource and fulfilling the organization’s mission. The applicant should have experience in fundraising and development, cultivating major donors and ensuring the financial integrity of the organization.
COMMUNITY AND PUBLIC RELATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote empowerment and stewardship by engaging Chattahoochee River Conservancy volunteers in river cleanups, water quality monitoring programs and other opportunities to connect with the organization.
- Serve as a leader in sustaining existing and building new relationships with other environmental and community organizations, including government and business entities and leaders. This includes targeting opportunities for collaboration where appropriate.
- Work with Board to target opportunities to heighten community awareness of Chattahoochee
River Conservancy through communication, social media, marketing and outreach.
- Seek out and maximize opportunities to speak at a variety of public/private events.
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with other regional environmental and community organizations and leaders by gaining their respect and creating opportunities for partnership.
- Effectively communicate the Chattahoochee River Conservancy’s’ findings with all external constituencies.
- Maintain awareness of environmental issues in the watershed in general as well as programmatically targeted areas.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Board to plan, develop and implement projects that further Chattahoochee River
Conservancy’s mission. This includes strategic planning and annual workplans.
- Serve as chief administrator and ambassador for the organization.
- Manage staff to ensure efficient business operations and coordination of programs.
- Establish and maintain a harmonious work environment. This includes responsibility for staff relations, receptivity to new ideas, efficient office procedures, human resources policies and opportunities for staff learning/development/mentorship.
- Provide leadership and motivate others (staff, Board, volunteers, etc.) in the framework of a team.
- Work with the Board Chair to develop Board, Executive Committee and other committees as needed.
FUND DEVELOPMENT AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as chief fundraiser for the organization. This includes grant writing and/or overseeing proposals developed by staff, solicitation of corporate sponsorships for events and cultivation and solicitation of individuals, including major corporations and companies.
- Work with Board to develop annual budget, monitor finances and arrange for audit. Ensure that state and federal taxes and reports are filed in a timely fashion.
- Work with Board to develop an annual fundraising plan to meet budgetary needs, as well as a plan to grow the organization’s funds.
- Successfully secure and maintain individual, major philanthropic support.
- Work with Board to achieve individual, corporate, foundation, government and event fundraising.
- Address current and future grant identification, writing and reporting requirements.
- Manage cash flow for the organization, authorize payments of bills and see that bank deposits are made in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree required commensurate work experience. Graduate degree in a related field preferred.
- Significant fundraising experience, preferably in the non-profit field.
- Strong presentation, public speaking, and community engagement experience.
- Significant management and supervisory experience.
- Understanding of board of director relations and governance.
- A demonstrated passion for clean water and a knowledge of, and commitment to,
Chattahoochee River Conservancy’s mission.
The Chattahoochee River Conservancy’s offices are located in Columbus, Georgia.
GUIDELINES FOR APPLICANTS
TO RECEIVE FULL CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION, ALL OF THE FOLLOWING MATERIALS MUST BE
RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 5:00 P.M. EST ON August 7, 2020:
- A letter of interest describing your qualifications for the Executive Director position and your interest in Chattahoochee River Conservancy;
- A description of your salary parameters;
- A detailed and updated resumé and;
- The names of, your relationship to, and contact information for, at least three professional references.
The Board of Directors intend to have this position filled by August 31, 2020.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Company's Facebook page: