Water Governance Director
Winrock is seeking Water Governance Director candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded water security improvement project in Tanzania. The project will apply a facilitative approach, working across government, private sector, and civil society, to improve the provision and governance of WASH services and the management of water resources. The project will foster close alliances with national, district and basin-level water authorities and build their capacity for service delivery and regulation, while applying a market-driven lens to support private sector WASH service and equipment providers to deliver services to communities in Tanzania. This position is contingent on receipt of donor funding.
- Work with basin water boards, water supply and sanitation agencies, and urban water utilities to improve their ability to collect revenue, allocate and manage water resources, and undertaking data-driven short- and long-term resource planning.
- Guide agencies in developing and testing new models for water service delivery, operations and maintenance, and community engagement
- Work with agencies to design and implement environmental risk mitigation plans.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Master’s degree required in relevant fields of study related to the sector of the project, including but not limited to business, international development, public administration/policy, water resources management, value chain development.
- At least 10 years practical experience in institutional capacity building of water governance institutions
- Demonstrated track record of developing and implementing business plans for resource governance institutions.
- Technical understanding of water resource management.
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context of Tanzania strongly preferred.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions for the project.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the initiative and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of regional stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili required
*Please note that all CVs must be submitted in English.