The Boise National Forest is currently advertising to fill an Interdisciplinary Hydrologist/Soil Scientist GS-0470/1315-9/11 as an permanent employee for Boise, Idaho.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Brant Petersen at 208-392-6681 x3701 [email protected]
- All duties listed are at the full performance level of the GS-11.
- Collect, analyze, and interprete watershed and/or soils data for input to environmental reports.
- Manage water and/or soils projects, to include evaluating, developing, implementing, and monitoring projects.
- Participate as a member of interdisciplinary teams working on land management planning, emergency burn rehabilitation, or similar projects.
- Follow prescribed project plans, applied conventional methods to analyze water and/or soil samples and determine the causes of data anomalies.
- Prepared and carried out water and/or soils quality monitoring programs, including preparation of plans, collection and analysis of samples, and interpretation of data.
- Supplied soil and hydrology related information to the land management planning process.
- Supervisory duties 20% or less.