|The objective of the technical cooperation is to contribute to improving the sustainability of the management of e-waste in Ghana.|
It focuses on the following three fields of activity:
1. Improvement of the capacities of state actors for the management of WEEE (Waste from electric and electronic equipment)
2. Strengthening private sector actors for the recovery of WEEE along the recycling
3. Initiating the transition process of the scrap yard in Old Fadama (“Agbogbloshie”) towards a sustainable recycling park in a conflict-sensitive way, ensuring the participation of women working at the scrap yard.
The first component operates at the macro level and aims at strengthening the capacities of state actors: MESTI (Ministry of Environment, Science, Technology and Innovation) to effectively coordinate the sector dialogue on the implementation of the e-waste policy and involve the relevant ministries, city administrations, private sector, NGOs; EPA (Environmental Protection Agency); to take over its supervisory role effectively, ensuring the environmental sustainability of the e-waste policy.
|Tasks of key expert 1 will be the following:|
Interested expert must cover the following requirements:
- University qualification (Master’s Degree) in environmental management, industrial/ environmental engineering, ecological economics or a related technical field.
- English, if not native speaker, equivalent to C2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and Dagbani
- 10 years of work experience of which five must be on electronics waste value chain.
- 5 years of work experience in advisory services to governments and private sector, including developing e-waste training models and delivering e-waste-based training for policy makers
- 5 years of work experience in coordinating multi-stakeholder processes and establishing and maintaining productive partnerships with clients
- Have sound working knowledge of the e-waste regulatory environment in Ghana and ability to translate same into training for both policy makers and informal operators
- 5 years working experience implementing programs for/with development cooperation(s)
Clement Le Navenec [email protected]