etra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates for the USAID Integrated Water Solutions Support Technical Assistance (IWSSTA) project in Egypt.
Position Description/Summary: The USAID IWSSTA program started on July 9, 2019 for a duration of four years. It has been designed to support the Government of Egypt (GoE) reform efforts to help promote sustainability of the water and wastewater sector (WWS). IWSSTA provides technical services and related resources to Egypt’s Holding Company for Water and Wastewater (HCWW), and its subsidiary companies in Upper Egypt including Minia Water and Wastewater Company (WWC), Assiut WWC, Sohag WWC, Qena WWC, and Luxor WWC.
As such, the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) plays a key role in supporting the Chief of Party (COP) in managing Tt ARD’s field presence in areas of operation. The DCOP provides technical and programmatic leadership related to performance improvement of the Egyptian WWCs. The DCOP is responsible for supervising and coordinating the regional technical team while overseeing their plans to provide support services across the five WWCs. This is a three-year long-term position based in Cairo, Egypt, reporting to the COP.
* Oversee the implementation of project components and ensure timely delivery of results.
* Ensure the timely completion and accuracy of all technical deliverables and documentation.
* Engage and interact with senior Government officials, water utility officials including HCWW and subsidiary WWCs, donors, and other key water and wastewater stakeholders at the operational level and ensure project responsiveness.
* Ensure adequate rotation of technical support within subsidiary companies to meet technical needs.
* Ensure adequate resources and efficient performance of staff in the field.
* Deputize the COP in his absence and ensure continued financial and technical compliance and adequate project representation.
* Perform other duties deemed necessary by the COP.
* Bachelor’s Degree in civil, environmental or mechanical engineering, water resources management, public administration or related field.
* Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in international development projects, with a minimum of 5 years as a DCOP or equivalent position.
* Demonstrated technical knowledge of Egypt’s water sector and experience in the modernization of urban water utility management.
* Demonstrated expertise in two or more of the following areas; utility organization and management, asset management, corporatizations, utility finance, and human resources development.
* Familiarity with Egyptian laws and regulations pertaining to the Water Sector in Egypt
* Experience in implementing USAID or USG-funded projects highly preferred.
* Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations highly preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Experience in team leadership highly preferred.
* Fluency in English and Arabic. Fluency in oral and written English is a must.
* Only Egyptian nationals can apply to this position.