A part-time pre-doctoral researcher is required in order to achieve the targets related with the analysis of the impact of floods in the Pyrenees and to propose adaptation measures in a context of climate change.
The Department of Applied Physics of the University of Barcelona is recruiting a pre-doctoral researcher for the project “Evaluation and prospective of the hydrological resources of the Pyrenees in a context of climate change, and adaptation measures with impact on the territory” (PIRAGUA).
PIRAGUA (Ref. INTERREG V-A POCTEFA 2014-2020 EFA210/16) is a European cross-border cooperation program in the Territorial Cooperation Program Interreg V-A Spain-France-Andorra (POCTEFA 2014-2020).
PIRAGUA is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF/FEDER)
Main tasks to be developed:
- Collect and analyse the pluviometric field of past floods, using the SAFRAN precipitation reanalysis, in collaboration with the Ebro Observatory. Analysis of the statistical distribution of rain associated with these episodes.
- Modelling of some notable flood event such as that of 1982 in which humidity will also be taken into account.
- In-depth study of the Alt Ter Basin including the application of the SASER model.
- Futurization of pluviometric events that have led to floods in collaboration with OE.
- Analysis of future outflows from LISFLOOD in the Alt Ter basin.
- Participation in PIRAGUA meetings and collaboration in reports.
UB project number
Evaluación y prospectiva de los recursos hídricos de los Pirineos en un contexto de cambio climático, y medidas de adaptación con impacto en el territorio.
Dra. María del Carmen Llasat Botija
Gross salary per month
Application letter, Curriculum vitae
Send your application to:
María del Carmen Llasat Botija
PIRAGUA Pre-doctoral position
Priority will be given to people with disabilities (Law 89/2015 of June 2, reserve of quota 2% in favour of people with disabilities in companies of 50 or more people).
- REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEnvironmental science: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- Degree on environmental engineering or environmental sciences
- Programming in R and Python
- Knowledge in hydrology, data analysis and statistics
- Experience in the use of geographic information systems (GIS)
- It will be positively valued to have studied or to be studying a Master in Water Sciences or similar