The Upper Murrumbidgee Catchment Network (UMCN) is seeking to engage a part-time Executive Officer (EO) who has the skills, experience, values and passion to support the UMCN in delivering collaborative natural resource management outcomes in the upper Murrumbidgee region.
This role has primary responsibility for supporting catchment collaboration and communication to improve natural resource management outcomes in the upper Murrumbidgee region.
The UMCN is a community-based network made up of individuals and representatives from agencies and groups that are responsible for natural resource management in the upper Murrumbidgee catchment. UMCN recognises the diversity of individuals for whom it provides networking opportunities, including landholders, community volunteers, academics, industry, government and non-government organisations.
With guidance from the UMCN Executive Committee, the EO will:
- Organise and chair quarterly Executive Committee meetings and quarterly and annual General Meetings.
- Business administration of Network including financial reporting and records management
- Liaise with member groups to share information
- Review and implement a communication strategy that may include (but is not limited to):
- Organising events such as a biennial community catchment forum
- Managing an online and social media profile
- Website development and management
- Represent UMCN positions and knowledge at relevant public forums
- Sourcing funding for specific projects/workshops
- Other duties as required by the Network
Qualifications, knowledge and experience
- Experience in collaborative natural resource management.
- Knowledge of catchment management practices, challenges and opportunities in the ACT and NSW.
- Experience in running networks/associations, liaison, communication and negotiation with stakeholders.
Attributes and skills
- Initiative and Independence. Contributes ideas and initiates new ways of working, shows enthusiasm for project work and special assignments and takes ownership of problems, acts on opportunities and devises practical solutions.
- Communication skills. Communicates effectively verbally and in writing, adapting style to suit different audiences.
- Project management skills. Develops clear project plans and timelines, regularly communicating with stakeholders including project team members, and monitors project progress, operating within budget and required standards.
Work location is flexible and as a contractor position, working from home (subject to appropriate insurances and suitability of workstation). Applicants from within the Catchment area will be highly regarded.
Work will require attending UMCN meetings (GM, Exec and AGM) in person, which are generally undertaken at Jerrabomberra Community Centre (this may be subject to change at any time).
How to apply:
- See below to download the full Position Description
- For further information about this position please forward your enquiry to [email protected]
To apply, please submit a letter of two pages or less outlining your suitability for this position, along with your resume to [email protected] by Monday 27 July 2020.
Position Description – UMCN EO Position July 2020.pdf