Brief description of HIH:
Hand in Hand for Aid and Development (HIHFAD), previously operating as Hand in Hand for Syria, was established as a UK registered charity soon after the start of the Syrian crisis in 2011 by a group of British Syrians in order to deliver humanitarian assistance to civilians impacted by the conflict in Syria. From humble beginnings the charity has grown to become one of the leading humanitarian actors serving Syrian communities both inside Syria and in neighbouring countries, employing over 900 staff in Syria, Turkey and the UK. As the organization grows, it now handles multiple institutional donors such as UN, ECHO, International NGOs and bilateral governmental agencies.
- Providing needed assistant to Program Manager in developing projects, ensure its smooth implementation, and assist the project team to undertake WASH activities.
- Contribute to technical studies and coordination with the team in the field to prepare engineering specifications for projects.
- Track the progress of activities, ensure the collecting of project indicators and provide on-time internal status reports.
- Support program manager to cooperate partners, project stakeholders and attending cluster/coordination meetings.
- Oversees proper utilization of the material resources in the project, oversees the optimization of expenditures.
- Ensuring the project will achieve its target and cover the needs of beneficiaries by supervising and leading field teams to implement projects’ activities remotely in-line with humanitarian standards and clusters recommendations.
- Ensure that WASH projects are being designed/implemented in-line with Do No Harm principle taking in consideration different needs of women, children and PWD.
- Ensure that all data and information is updated, well organized and easily accessible.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- At least two years’ work experience in humanitarian sector, and 2-year WASH Coordinator or similar role.
- Knowledge of (AutoCAD) and other related designing platforms.
- Good experience in Project management and remote management.
- Good experience in reporting to partners/donors for project progress and implementation.
Skills and Abilities:
- Very good knowledge in Auto CAD, Microsoft Office.
- Good written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
How to apply
Interested applicants should fill the application vie the following link:
Only candidates who are short-listed for interviews will be notified.