The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant within the Climate Change and Sustainability Services team in our Sydney office.
The EY Climate Change and Sustainability Services team is the biggest sustainability consulting team in Oceania. Our multidisciplinary team comprises 230 experienced professionals across Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, as well as Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington, and advises a large proportion of the ASX 200 to help them drive performance beyond their bottom line.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team across a range of industries, assisting organisations on how they manage and report on socio-economic value creation or sustainability information, including greenhouse gas emissions, responsible supply chains, climate risk, non-financial reporting and more
- Contribute to strategy, solutions, methodologies, analytical frameworks and tools to help clients succeed and navigate complex regulatory environments and manage stakeholder expectations
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key business decision-makers, both internally and externally
- Identifying and communicating trends, developments, and key performance drivers relevant to the client, while demonstrating a deep understanding of the industry and marketplace
- Tertiary qualification, such as in engineering or environmental sciences, economics, social sciences, law, organisational development, research methods or international development
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice as well as a good understanding of the issues within the Sustainability industry, such as the Modern Slavery Act, Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), amongst others
- Knowledge of, and experience in preparing sustainability reports and strategies, such as undertaking materiality assessments, peer benchmarking, stakeholder engagement activities and preparation of internal and external reporting
- Practical experience with energy and emissions reporting schemes including National Greenhouse Emissions Reporting (NGER) scheme, the Safeguard Mechanism and the Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF); as well as climate risk advisory experience such as experience with the Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) Framework
- Experience in assurance or auditing is highly desirable
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your performance. In addition, our comprehensive Total Rewards package can be tailored to your individual needs, to give you the freedom to manage your role in a way that’s right for you. This includes;
- a variety of flexible working and leave arrangements
- personalised career development including coaching and support to help you build your career and access to formal learning so you can develop the skills you’ll need to thrive in the future
- a range of tools and benefits to guide and support your health and wellbeing throughout your entire EY career
At EY, we hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. Through our inclusive leadership behaviours, a variety of internal networks, flexible working and mentoring programs, you will have the support and flexibility to build an exceptional career.
EY is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process for people with disability. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via [email protected] or phone +61 3 8650 7788.
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process will be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.