As a Regional Engagement Officer you will help boost the MDBA’s understanding of regional communities, and to assist communities to understand and respond to change brought about by implementation of the Basin Plan.
The MDBA recognises that communities across the Murray-Darling Basin are unique to each other and is committed to customising how they engage across each individual regional location. These part-time officers offer a unique opportunity to provide the MDBA with insight into their community, suggest alternative methods for working, and where required, influence appropriate outcomes.
We are seeking a Regional Engagement Officer in South West Queensland, to focus on the Lower Balonne and regional water management issues. The role will preferably be based in St George or Dirranbandi.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a passion for their local community
- have excellent skills in networking, stakeholder engagement, communication and collaboration
- have the ambition and passion to help achieve the sustainable management of the Murray–Darling Basin
- have a strong understanding, or a genuine willingness to learn about water and natural resource management
- embody our values
- have a readiness to learn about and be supported by the Australian Commonwealth Government.