- THE POSITION
Would you like an exciting and rewarding career making a positive impact on the citizens of the Commonwealth? Join the Department of Environmental Protection’s Chesapeake Bay Office as a Watershed Implementation Plan Coordinator. Apply your skills in providing support to implementing the Chesapeake Bay program. Experience the satisfaction of public service while enjoying professional career growth and promotional opportunities!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
- Full-time employment
- Work hours – 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday with a 1 hour lunch period
- DESCRIPTION OF WORK
DEP’s Chesapeake Bay’s Office has an immediate need for a Watershed Implementation Plan Coordinator. The employee performs a variety of work supporting implementation of DEP’s Chesapeake Bay program. The employee disseminates and implements Chesapeake Bay policies and directives by providing assistance to counties for the development and implementation of their Chesapeake Bay Phase 3 Watershed Implementation County-wide Action plans. The employee consults with county commissioners, county planning commissions, conservation districts and other stakeholder groups in order to promote WIP and CAP planning and implementation, coordinate watershed efforts and supply technical support.
- REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements – one year as a Conservation District Field Representative 1; OR one year of experience in the application of soil and water conservation practices and such training as may have been gained through a Bachelor’s Degree with major course work in soil and water conservation or one of the related disciplines; OR any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- This position requires applicants to possess a valid driver’s license
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. If you are provided directions to upload transcripts during the application process but you cannot currently obtain them due to the temporary educational institution closures, please upload the official response from your institution regarding your request. In addition, if asked to provide transcripts for specific coursework, e.g., 12 credits in social science, you may upload a list of completed courses you believe are qualifying in place of the transcripts. The list must include the name of the school(s), course titles completed with a passing grade, and number of credits for each course. Once you receive a copy of your transcripts, you may send the document(s) and the specific job title and job number to which you applied to [email protected]. If selected for a position, you may be required to provide an official transcript to verify educational requirements.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at [email protected].
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- EXAMINATION INFORMATION
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided
Watershed Implementation Plan Coordinator (Conservation District Field Representative 2)
Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
Harrisburg, PA, US