This position is located in the Colorado State Office, Snow Survey Data Collection Office (DCO) in the Natural Resources Conservation Services (NRCS) Office, Lakewood, Colorado.
The incumbent serves as a Hydrologist, responsible for the management of data within the office as well as installation and maintenance of data sites, and associated duties.
- Responsible for the collection of hydro-meteorological data within the boundaries of the Snow Survey Data Collection Office jurisdiction.
- Assists the snow survey staff in data collection, verification, processing and archival of data to include snow, precipitation, and reservoir data files.
- Utilizes Geographic Positioning Systems (GPS) and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to develop and disseminate snow survey and water supply products to water users, the research community, other government entities, and the public.
- Participates in the installation and maintenance of snow courses and SNOTEL sites within the Data Collection Office.
- Monitors site performance and data quality to assist in establishing maintenance work loads and setting priorities.
- Maintains working relationships with federal, state and local officials, and water users.