Winrock is seeking CLA Director candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)project in Kenya. The project will apply a facilitative approach, working across government, private sector, and civil society, to strengthen availability, accessibility and reliability of WASH services. The project will foster close alliances with county governments and build their capacity for service delivery and regulation, while applying a market-driven lens to support private sector WASH service and equipment providers to deliver services to communities in Kenya. This position is contingent on receipt of donor funding.
- Provide technical leadership for M&E to the project team to ensure USAID M&E requirements are met on timely basis and guides data collection, management of the data, and display of the results – based on both quantitative and qualitative inputs. This includes data analysis, reporting, and dissemination, building capacity of M&E and technical staff in these areas, and ensuring compliance.
- Develop efficient and accurate data collection and analysis system that includes efficient processes for collecting and analyzing data and ensuring data quality.
- Design and lead the implementation of the project’s Learning Agenda including census, surveys, case studies, focus groups and other tools to evaluate project impact, trends, and other learnings. Provide comprehensive analysis of learning outcomes to inform project interventions.
- Lead knowledge sharing activities within project, with USAID, other implementing partners, and with target countries’ governments.
- Lead the evaluation efforts of the project, from the design stage to findings sharing and use.
- Build the capacity of the project team in MEL.
- Participate in Winrock International’s Community of Practice.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Master’s level degree required, in social sciences, such as statistics, public policy, economics or a related field, and/or specialized training/certification in monitoring & evaluation.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience managing and implementing complex MEL systems for international development projects, preferably with USAID.
- Experience managing large M&E databases and conducting timely data analysis and developing reports. SQL database experience preferred.
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Experience managing surveys required.
- Experience with capacity building in MEL required.
- Experience with mobile data collection strongly preferred.
- Experience with tools and approaches for monitoring watershed management required.
- Familiarity with USAID M&E requirements strongly preferred.
- Proven record of designing and implementing data collection tools including surveys.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the initiative and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of regional stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and Swahili required
*Please note that all CVs must be submitted in English.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.