The Government of Grenada (GoG) has adopted a National Adaptation Plan (NAP) for 2017-2021 to address the already experienced and projected future impacts of climate change. The NAP contains 12 Programmes of Action (PoA) including the development of a Monitoring and Evaluation System (PoA12; see 2.2 for details). The goal for that PoA is: “The implementation of proposed NAP measures is documented” and is measured by the indicator: “Assessment reports on the implementation of the NAP measures are released every 2 years and make recommendations on possible adjustments to the implementation process and for the update of the NAP document 2022-2027.”
Currently the government is in the process of identifying a clear and flexible mechanism for monitoring, as well as to establish and sharpen the M&E process drafted in the NAP. This shall be aligned with other climate related monitoring processes, including those under the Green Climate Fund (GCF) Readiness programme and the Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) support.
Activities related to the assignment
The technical analysis lays out and explains important decisions points needed and enhancement of indicators to install the NAP M&E system, which have been backed up with insights from the interviews. As a follow-up to this work, the Government of Grenada is seeking short-term support to address the outstanding decision points and enhance indicators to operationalize the NAP M&E system that have been outlined in the report. Based on that, the NAP Global Network is looking for a consultant to work in close collaboration with representatives of the Ministry of Climate Resilience, the Environment, Forestry, Fisheries, Disaster Management and Information of Grenada, to undertake the following activities:
- Support facilitation of a 2-day follow-up workshop to validate the technical analysis, including the decision points and agreeing on decisions as far as possible (include representatives of the “Climate Resilient Water Sector in Grenada (G-CREWS)” project)
- Enhance the list of NAP indicators to be used for tracking the NAP priorities to ensure their full measurability as far as existing data and resources permit
- Explore how indicators can be consolidated and/or linked with NDC updating and reporting requirements and develop recommendations for Grenada
The required qualifications of the consultant or consultancy team are:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrated expertise in M&E of climate adaptation (minimum of 7 years exp.)
- Knowledge of the NAP process and climate adaptation in Grenada
- Working experience in the Caribbean, ideally Grenada
- Strong research, analysis and writing skills
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
The Consultant will report to IISD (Anika Terton) and will work in close collaboration with the Ministry of Climate Resilience, the Environment, Forestry, Fisheries, Disaster Management and Information.
How to apply
To apply for this consultancy, please submit a CV, daily rate and a proof of the daily rate (e.g., copy of a contract) to: [email protected]
In your application, please clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria outlined above.