Work with Natural Area Preservation Conservation Crew to:
- Manually remove invasive plant species from natural areas
- Apply herbicide for the control of invasive plant species
- Assist with prescribed ecological burns (spring and fall)
- Maintain and construct trails
- Lead volunteer workdays and other environmental stewardship activities
- Collect, process, store and sow seed from native plants
- Keep detailed, accurate records of all work performed
- Assist in implementing stewardship plans and collecting ecological data from natural areas
- Excellent interpersonal skills suitable for working with team members, volunteers, and public
- Background in natural resource management or equivalent field
- Ability to distinguish between native and non-native flora
- Ability to perform strenuous manual labor outdoors in all weather conditions, lift and carry moderately
- heavy items, and sit and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work with and maintain chain saws, brush blades, and other power tools
- Ability to work with minimal direct field supervision
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evening, weekends, and some holidays
- Valid Driver’s License, CPR certification, First Aid certification, and MDOT medical card
- Willingness and ability to obtain Michigan Commercial Pesticide Applicator Certificate (category 6)
- The City of Ann Arbor is a drug-free workplace. A drug screening may be required as a part of the hiring process.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: $13.33/hour; 40 hours/week; including regular evenings, weekends, and holidays. This position does offer some sick time and health insurance.
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a temporary position not to exceed 10 consecutive months from date of hire. Successful candidates may be considered for rehire after a minimum break in employment of 2 months.
TO APPLY: Apply online at: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CIT1009CA2/JobBoard/f90d5294-f62d-4de2-9878-31193309121c/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=9522433a-e70b-4972-b513-8b8a7d24eb03. Please contact Michael Hahn, Stewardship Specialist with questions at [email protected]