NO. OF VACANCIES
3 positions in Keonjhar and 1 position in Sundargarh (No of positions may vary as per requirement)
NATURE OF WORK
Data Collection, Monitoring, Supervision
WASSAN (Watershed Support Services and Activities Network), Hyderabad since 1999 is a network-based organization focusing on improving the quality of mainstream programs in natural resources management and livelihoods. It engages actively in policy advocacy initiatives at state and national level mainly related to rainfed areas. WASSAN has contributed substantially to development of watershed policies in various states and at Government of India. WASSAN is also working with various partners in different States as part of RRA Network on rainfed agriculture related agenda.
WASSAN is partners with the Government of Odisha for the Special Programme for Promotion of Millets in Tribal Areas. This is being implemented in 76 blocks of 14 districts of Odisha. The project aims to improve millet production through organic/sustainable agriculture practices, set up processing units, provide market linkages throughs farmer collectives and include millets in state nutrition programmes.
The Data-cum-Field Assistant will supervise the pilot related activities in the villages of the project area of the concerned block. Following are some specific tasks:
1. Guiding the Farm Assistant in growing millets through different agro-ecological practices at the Research Farm.
2. Documentation and Collection of crop related data of millets like cost of cultivation, pest incidence, yield, varietal parameters, etc.
3. Record-keeping of expenditure incurred at Research Farm.
4. Monitoring progress on Research Farms and Reporting weekly to Research Assistant and District Coordinator.
5. Conducting surveys and assisting for any research study under the Odisha Millets Mission, Keonjhar.
6. Participating and assisting in any training programme organized by the State Secretariat.
7. Participating and assisting in any other programme being organized by State Secretariat.
8. Any other work assigned by the organization.
DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
Eligibility Criteria for Data-cum-Field Assistants:
1. A 12th pass candidate with good comprehension and basic mathematical skills. Having a Bachelors’ degree in any discipline will be an added advantage.
2. The candidate should have a basic understanding of farming practices in general; knowledge on millets in particular will be an added advantage.
3. The candidate should have good communication skills; must be able to read and write in English and Odiya.
4. The candidate must have basic typing skills for data entry.
5. The candidate should have no mobility constraints regarding movement anywhere in the districts for work.
6. The candidate should be willing to arrange a two-wheeler for movement in the field area. TA shall be reimbursed as per organization policy.
7. The candidate should be willing to attend trainings/ exposure (within/ outside the state).
The candidate must be able to read and write in English and Odiya.
The remuneration for the position is Rs. 10000 to Rs. 15000 per month based on experience and skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must send their latest resume/CV and cover letter mentioning their motivation for the job and the specific skills and experience that makes them suitable for the job.
Last date for submitting applications is 5th July 2020 and they must be sent to , and indicating “APPLICATION FOR DATA-CUM-FIELD ASSISTANT IN KEONJHAR DISTRICT" in the subject line.
Applications can also be submitted in a sealed envelope to District Coordinator, WASSAN at the DPMU-Odisha Millets Mission, Office of the CDAO, Keonjhar, near Champua bus stand, Keonjhar.
Last date for submitting applications is 5th July 2020 and they must be sent to , and indicating “Application for Data-cum-Field Assistant in Sundargarh district” in the subject line.
Applications can also be submitted in a sealed envelope to District Coordinator, WASSAN at the DPMU-Odisha Millets Mission, Office of the CDAO, Sundargarh.
WASSAN is an equal opportunity provider and encourages professionals from marginalized communities and women with the relevant experience to apply.
WASSAN retains all rights to reject applications or withdraw the job offer without providing further information. WASSAN may or may not recruit the applicants for the job.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.