Deputy chief of party (Karnali Water Security Activity (KAWAS))
Chemonics seeks a deputy chief of party (DCOP) for the USAID/Nepal Karnali Water Security Activity (KAWAS) in Nepal. The project seeks to create healthy, resilient, and water secure communities at the watershed level through strengthened water and sanitation governance that improves water resource management (including water for more resilient and bio-diverse ecosystems), enhance sustainable access to drinking water, improve agriculture water management, and reduce the fecal pathogen burden in the environment from poorly managed non-sewered sanitation through fecal sludge management. This position will be based in Surkhet, Nepal. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Support chief of party (COP) with overall project leadership, management, and technical direction, ensuring a common vision across different components and actors
- Support overall management of Surhket field office including direct supervision of technical leads and administrative staff
- Serve as liaison with local and regional partners, host government, and other stakeholders
- Ensure that all project assistance is technically sound, appropriate, and aligned with the program’s long-term vision
- Support work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Serve in acting COP capacity when necessary
- Advanced degree (i.e., a postgraduate degree, especially a master’s or doctorate degree) or bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, water and natural resource management, WASH/sanitation, international development, or related field; if the candidate has a bachelor’s degree, the candidate must have at least seven years of related work experience
- Minimum five years of senior management experience with a donor, contractor, or international NGO, managing an office or program of similar size
- Minimum five years of experience in international development preferably in water, sanitation, and hygiene or watershed management, particularly in South Asia
- Experience in strengthening policy frameworks and capacity of local governments, utilities, regulatory agencies, etc.
- Demonstrated track record of progressively responsible managerial experience implementing complex donor-funded projects with multiple activities and diverse teams
- Demonstrated supervisory experience, including management of a team of at least 10 people; experience with remote supervision/management preferred
- Demonstrated experience overseeing, managing, and/or leading monitoring and evaluation processes; grants under contract; and/or gender, equality, and social inclusion initiatives a plus
- Experience in South or Southeast Asia required; experience in Karnali region of western Nepal is strongly preferred
- Prior experience with USAID operating procedures, regulations, and reporting requirements preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “KAWAS DCOP” in the subject line to by July, 5, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.