India nationals: Communication Specialist
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) has an exciting opportunity for an innovative, self-motivated and service-oriented professional to provide communication support for IWMI’s work in India, particularly for projects in India dealing with water and agriculture productivity, policy influence and advocacy, climate change adaptation in agriculture, IWMI Tata Program (ITP) and public-private partnerships aimed at reducing poverty through agriculture-related economic growth and investment.
Reporting to IWMI Representative-India, the successful candidate will be responsible to provide strategic communication support for project managers and researchers; develop communication and content for IWMI’s projects; provide communication support for conferences and other events by assisting in the development of meeting agendas and engagement strategies, participate in events, with the aim of synthesizing and communicating key messages, social media reporting, and promote key events with the media and communication specialists from partner organizations; and support the IWMI Representative-India to prepare relevant reports and presentations.
THE PERSON FOR THE ROLE
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s/Masters degree in journalism, communications, international development or a related field.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in communication or development, preferably for an international organization working in developing countries.
- Excellent verbal and written English and Hindi communication skills.
- Good understanding of Visual sensibility – graphic design; photography etc.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks; close attention to detail.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and social networking tools.
- Ability to work independently and in interdisciplinary and multicultural teams.
TERMS OF THE APPOINTMENT
This is a nationally recruited position and only candidates who are eligible to work in India will be considered. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of health insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, and long-term disability coverage. The duration of the contract will initially be for a period of 2 years with the possibility of extension.
For more information and to apply for the position, visit www.iwmi.org/jobs. Your application must include a copy of your curriculum vitae, a cover letter that addresses IWMI’s requirements stated above, and contact information of three professional referees who may be contacted if you are short-listed for the position.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through 24:00 (IST) on June 7, 2020 (Sunday).
IWMI is an equal opportunity employer and emphasizes the importance of diversity and inclusiveness in identifying candidates for this position and its staff. Women are encouraged to apply.