PURPOSE OF POSITION
World Vision is seeking a Project Officer to provide support in project development, planning, implementation, and monitoring of projects in Syria/Aleppo and Idleb Governorates. The Project Officer will provide day-to-day management to achieve high-quality results in line with acceptable project norms relevant to the established goals, objectives and operating policies of the projects and WV as well as supervise the implementation activities of the grant in relation to project goals and objectives, monthly activity schedule, timing of expenditures, budgets, etc.
- Manage overall project activities in terms of implementing activities at the field level. This includes ensuring compliance to humanitarian, organizational and donor standards in beneficiary identification, implementation plans, documentation, reporting and accountability.
- Manage day to day activities of WASH, education and protection supervisors in the field to monitor their performance.
- Liaise with partners (distance and face-to-face) at the Gaziantep level to ensure that they are meeting project objectives.
- Review partner’s monthly narrative reports and supporting documents for financial reports.
- Coordinate operations under the assigned project with relevant functions, such as programs, sectors, finance, logistics and procurement, administration, human resources, safety and security, communications.
- Liaise with administrative functions in the field such as logistics, procurement, and human resources to ensure project activities running smoothly.
- Oversee the establishment and maintenance of filling system in the office.
- Monitor weekly, monthly and yearly activity schedules.
- Ensure and encourage good stewardship on resources available to the response for the benefit of the community and the organization.
- Determine staffing requirements and recruit staff in the field as necessary in conjunction with HR and ensure fair hiring practices are respected.
- Ensure that all documentation & filing systems are in order.
- Work with MEAL team to follow up on Monitoring visit reports to ensure that issues are dealt with timely with the field team and partners to ensure program quality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor or Post Graduate University degree in International Development or other related fields of humanitarian or development studies.
- Knowledge of Syria specific context and cross-border response
- Experience in remote management
- Good command of Arabic and English (oral and written)
- Good skills in writing and reviewing reports
- Computer literate mainly with MS Office software package
- Good communication skills and ability to build collaborative relationships
- Ability to deal with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to foster a good team spirit
- Ability to transmit information correctly with accountability and maintain confidentiality
- Team management skills
- Sociable and presentable
- Work under pressure
- Creative with coming up with new ideas & activities
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ operational humanitarian experience with minimum of 1 year in a leadership role in an emergency context.
- Awareness of Humanitarian Principles, ICRC Code of Conduct for NGOs, the Sphere Project, etc.
- Experience in training, including development of training materials.
- One-year exposure to secretarial work and child protection issues