Philippines nationals: Program Officer - WASH - Pathways COVID 19
The Program Officer for WASH under the Children’s Access to Quality Alternative Learning Modalities in Safe Spaces in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) or Pathways Covid 19 project contributes to the overall implementation of strategy in BARMM. The program officer will support the development and delivery of the Learning Continuity Plans of the Divisions. The program officer will ensure that the project will communicate critical risk information to schools and communities, integrating health and hygiene and mental health (both offline and online), in ways that are child-friendly, gender-sensitive, inclusive, safe culturally-appropriate and context-specific, and counter any misinformation. The program officer will ensure WASH facilities are maintained and aligned to the MBHTE’s guidelines. The program officer will support in providing access to continued learning and support of learners and teachers at all times, especially during emergencies including COVID-19 sensitive alternative education platforms or flexible learning options. He/She will also support in the pilot delivery of the Learning & Development platforms and systems that will be implemented at the division and school levels. He/she implements capacity-building activities and provide technical support to staff, parents, volunteers and partners on education. S/He provides technical support to the Ministry of Basic, Higher and Technical Education and strengthens their organizational capacity in delivering continued professional development of teachers. S/He ensures that advocacy and campaign messages are sustained by the enactment of relevant policies. S/He also supports the awareness and capacity building of armed state and non-state actors to practice non-violent and peacebuilding approaches that will protect the child and their families anchored on the rights of the child.
- Training and development of Teacher Professional Development frameworks and competencies identification, development and alignment.
- Ability to write reports and support research.
- Ability to work effectively and calmly in a high-pressure environment and to prioritize and effectively manage assignments in a timely fashion
- Must be highly motivated and must possess initiative, discipline and a clear work ethic, Ability to think and act fast
- Strong sense of urgency and work ethic.
- Ability to work both in an Advisory and a hands-on implementation capacity.
- Project management experience and in working in an emergency response context.
- Experience in the monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Good experience in using inter-agency CP standards and guidelines.
- Experience in working through systems of community participation, capacity building and representation
- Excellent communication, influencing and advocacy skills including writing clear and well-argued assessment and project reports in English and in interacting in culturally and politically sensitive situations.
- Capacity for extreme flexibility.
- Track record in influencing and networking
- Understands and believes in Save the Children’s mission and vision; commits to its objectives and willing to adopt Save the Children’s methodology and framework.
Contract length: Fixed Term position based in Iligan/Cotabato City
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.