Who We Are
Desolenator is a clean-technology start-up developing a patented technology that uses solar power to purify water from any source. Our young team is passionate about making a dent in the global water crisis by pioneering the space of sustainable desalination/ purification. We are united by a desire to bring clean water to communities at the forefront of the water crisis. We will be executing multiple projects with our technology over the coming years and you can help us develop our best products yet.
We are looking for the support of a Desalination Engineer for our team, to manage the redesign, engineering, optimisation and roll-out a 250-500m3 modularized MED system. In this role you may also perform tests and commissioning under real-world conditions in locations where the global water crisis is a reality, therefore you should be open to some travel.
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
- Lead process design, design reviews and mechanical reviews/engineering
- Manage pilot studies
- Manage equipment and instruments specifications
- Manage process documentation and operating instructions process
- Assessing processes and interpreting data by remote monitoring for commissioned systems
- Develop sequence of operation (SOO) and perform software simulations
- Participate in unit testing (FAT) and commissioning at customers site
- Develop and review basis of design documents, request for proposal, vendor bid packages and vendor proposals
- Address functional issues involving plant reliability, operability and maintenance, while providing technical liaison support to our field teams.
- Participate in the DCS (Distributed Control System) staging (SAT, Software Acceptance Test) and field validation.
- Participate and help plan field-commissioning activities including Operational Readiness Inspections (ORI), Plant Start-up and assist with the development and implementation of reliability test plans
- Address scaling and fouling issues through deep knowledge of materials
- Provide remineralisation expertise and develop solutions that fit customers and locations
- BSc in relevant field such as Chemistry
- Relevant Engineering/Science BSc or MSc degree
- Previous experience working with desalination / water treatment projects
- Has previous “hands-on” technical experience and is able to operate mechanical tools
- Is entrepreneurial & a self-starter
- Knowledgeable in engineering software including MATLAB, Python, AutoCad
- Logical & detailed thinker
- Takes initiative and leadership over tasks
- Able to work independently and in teams
- Determination to tackle the global water crisis & looking to make a positive impact on the world