Post Doctoral Research Fellow (Monash Climate Change Communication Research Hub)
Job No.: 606889
Location: Caulfield campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 3-year Fixed-term appointment
Remuneration: $99,147 - $117,738 pa Level B (plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Be inspired, every day
- Drive your own learning at one of the world’s top 80 universities
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
Everyone needs a platform to launch a satisfying career. At Monash, we give you the space and support to take your career in all kinds of exciting new directions. You’ll have access to quality research, infrastructure and learning facilities, opportunities to collaborate internationally, as well as the grants you’ll need to publish your work. We’re a university full of energetic and enthusiastic minds, driven to challenge what’s expected, expand what we know, and learn from other inspiring, empowering thinkers.
The Post Doctoral Research Fellow will work as part of the Monash Climate Change Communication Research Hub and will develop and complete a three-year research project of analysis of the media reporting of climate change in Australia. Using a mixture of manual and automated coding the successful applicant will be establishing a rigorous methodology for detecting climate misinformation, climate denial and forms of framing climate change as an issue.
The successful applicant will also leverage this research to inform best practice approaches to the MCCCRH communication projects across television, radio, newspaper, social media and online apps.
Key Responsibilities of this role are:
- Conducting research as either a member of a team or independently, producing reports and publications
- Preparing research proposal submissions to external funding bodies
- Attendance at conferences and seminars in the field, pending availability to funds
- Contributions to the teaching program within the field of research
- Co-supervision or supervising of Honours or masters-by-coursework research projects
The successful applicant will have:
- A doctoral qualification in the relevant area
- Knowledge of theories, concepts and research methods relevant to the project
- Previous record in research, as evident by scholarly publications, and the development of strategies for gaining funding or other support for research
- A demonstrated record in teaching and course development in the University sector
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. This position at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
Your application must address the selection criteria. For instructions on how to apply, please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs".
Dr David Holmes, Director, Monash Climate Change Communications Research Hub, +61 3 9905 5496
Thursday 02 July 2020, 11:55 pm AEST
Supporting a diverse workforce