Climate Change Specialist
Who we are? With 90,000 people on five continents, SUEZ is a world leader in smart and sustainable resource management. We provide water and waste management solutions that enable cities and industries optimize their resource management and strengthen their environmental and economic performances.
SUEZ Consulting is the engineering and consulting branch of the SUEZ Group that assists local authorities and industrial companies in their ecological and energy transition as well as in their adaptation to climate change. Our talents are therefore operating in the environment sector (water, waste, biodiversity, etc.), urban planning, energy and mobility sectors, serving the environmental transition of our public and private customers.
SUEZ Consulting is also involved in the strategic missions of the Suez Group to support its development in new business lines and or new activities related to its mission.
What will you be doing?
You will join the International Department of SUEZ Consulting, present in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. International business represents a little less than half of SUEZ Consulting's total activity and is its main growth driver. The international projects you will be working on are financed by international financial institutions (AFD, WB, ADB, ADB, EU, EIB...), meet sustainable development objectives (SDO) and are mostly carried out in emerging countries.
You will join the teams based at SUEZ Consulting's head office in Nanterre.
Your main missions:
- Contribution to the identification of offers related to climate change adaptation or mitigation. Commercial exploration of international financing specifically dedicated to climate change, adaptation and resilience;
- Steering and coordination of the response to public bids relating to climate change adaptation or mitigation (while ensuring part of the drafting);
- Integration of the climate change adaptation or mitigation component in the bids made by the international teams (in the preparation of master plans, feasibility studies and project design);
- Management of projects and expertise missions in collaboration with our teams of internal and external experts within the framework of technical assistance or project design related to your core business;
- Conducting workshops and training sessions for selected projects;
- Institutional, technical and regulatory watch of the main international financial institutions (IFIs). Monitoring of current developments and necessary anticipations;
As part of your duties, regular trips abroad may be required, ranging from a few days to several weeks.
Who are we looking for?
- You have an engineering or environmental studies degree. You have specialized for at least 10 years in expertise and advice on climate change adaptation or mitigation.
- You are familiar with the subject of climate change and sustainable development, in its regulatory, institutional, strategic and technical aspects.
- You have significant experience in projects developed as part of studies financed by IFIs and you are familiar with the "Project Cycles" implemented by these Institutions.
- You are fluent in English. You have very good communication and writing skills.
- Last but not least, you are motivated to join us, and enthusiastic about participating in the international development of Suez Consulting!