NRC has been present in Iraq since 2010 helping to support the almost ten million people who are in need of immediate help. As violence continues to escalate across the country, 3.4 million Iraqis are now displaced and reaching people in need remains one of our greatest challenges. We expect new waves of displacement as the crisis prolongs and needs surge, particularly in areas with heavy fighting. We have scaled up our response across Iraq to meet the large-scale crisis facing the country and we prioritise reaching more vulnerable people in areas that are difficult to access.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are seeking a motivated humanitarian professional to join our growing team in Iraq. They are a university graduate in relevant field with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position in humanitarian / recovery context. Proven experience managing large WASH programs in a camps setting is essential and knowledge of urban WASH interventions is preferred. A results-oriented attitude and someone with a high level of energy. Experience working in complex and volatile contexts, in particular in the Middle East.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual who is a team player and works well in a dynamic, collaborative environment. They have proven experience managing large multi-donor projects with complex budgets and supporting proposal development. They also have experience implementing WASH projects focused on the construction of latrines, water tanks, water systems and hygiene promotion.
If this sounds like you, apply now to join one of the world’s leading INGO’s and be part of a team of highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world’s biggest displacement crisis.
The WASH Project Managers primary responsibilities will include:
- Formulation, planning, coordination, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of the emergency WASH projects
- Contingency planning and rapid WASH response within Baghdad and supporting field offices
- Ensuring quality control of all WASH activities including timeliness and cost effectiveness,
- Ensuring that all activities are in accordance with Sphere and WASH cluster standards
- Establish close relationships with partners and onsite WASH cluster and other coordination body
- Participate in relevant meetings and ensure constructive co-operation with local authorities, other national and international NGOs and UN;
- Responsible for contingency planning and rapid WASH response within Baghdad and supporting field offices
- Recruiting WASH staff and provide technical guidance to them and ensure that regular performance appraisal is conducted to improve on the capacity of staff
- Closely monitor the adherence to logistic, financial, and anti-corruption guidelines, especially related to procurement, contracting and purchase;
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Contract period: 9 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Baghdad
Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start
NB: Please enter the geographical location in the “Company name” field for both company and location on your application.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs