Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Geneva at the United Nations and other international organisations?
What we offer?
A traineeship of 3 up to 6 months within the Economic Affairs, Development, Environment and Digital Section of the EU Delegation to the UN in Geneva, starting between 01 and 14 September 2020, subject to respect to the local legislation as well as the national legislation of the candidate(s) if non-resident.
Each trainee will be assigned a supervisor in the section he/she is interning. Interns are fully integrated in the daily work of the section, providing the intern with the possibility of getting a good overview of the diplomatic work of the Delegation and in particular in the policy field covered by the section.
- Assist the Head of Section and Section colleagues in their daily work in relation to the UN agencies and bodies under their purview – UNECE, ITU, UNCTAD, WIPO – as well as any other entity as might prove necessary, e.g. WEF, IRU, ITC, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of meetings, e.g. research and the drafting of statements,
- Draft reports following meetings and conferences and summarizing newly issued reports
- Assist in the preparation of official visits
- General logistics support.
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Excellent drafting skills in English, knowledge of French would be a strong advantage;
- Knowledge of the workings of the European Union and of the United Nations would also be advantages.
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address: [email protected] (link sends e-mail):
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – Economics Section (candidates are allowed to apply to 1 traineeship only, however based on your profile, the Delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.