June 30, 2020
Systems Analyst 2
The Government of Alberta is committed to a diverse and inclusive public service that reflects the population we serve to best meet the needs of Albertans. Consider joining a team where diversity, inclusion and innovation are valued and supported. For more information on diversity and inclusion, please visit: https://www.alberta.ca/diversity-inclusion-policy.aspx
Agriculture and Forestry
Reporting to the Water Management Modelling Engineer, the Data Management Analyst provides advanced technical and analytical support for section initiatives related to irrigation water management modelling and reporting. The position will implement, manage, maintain, enhance, analyze, interpret, and report on databases involving irrigation data, and other water data used for irrigation modelling and water management in the irrigated basins in Alberta.
Specific duties include:
– Related post-secondary degree in computer science, information technology or a related field such as agriculture, environmental science or physical geography supplemented by a minimum of two years experience is required.
– Highly developed knowledge of computer database analysis, management systems, and database integration for application use is required.
– Experience with data manipulation, QA/QC, and interpretation of results is required.
– Experience in writing technical reports and presenting to diverse audiences is required.
– Expertise in MS Access, Excel, SQL, DB2, Python, and Visual Studio database management software or languages is required.
– Knowledge of water resource management, on-farm irrigation management, and irrigation district infrastructure and operations is also required.
– Understanding of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is beneficial.
Competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process. The links below will assist you with understanding competencies: https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/psc-alberta-public-service-competency-model.pdf
Success in this role will require you to utilize the following competencies:
– Creative Problem Solving – Ability to assess options and implications in new ways to achieve outcomes and solutions.
– Agility – Consistently takes action and remains objective under pressure by making well thought through decisions when there are competing and ambiguous priorities. Role is adaptable as a change agent and in all stages of project management.
– Develop Networks – Considers how changes might impact colleagues, clients and stakeholders, and actively seeks their input and/or involvement regarding those changes. Communicates regularly with stakeholders, setting up opportunities for mutual sharing of information. Maintains relationships even when no specific project/initiative is underway
– Drive for Results – Clarifies objectives, while using a variety of resources within the organization; ensures roles and contributions are clear. Takes accountability for own and team’s work to meet agreed deliverables. Sets and accomplishes goals in order to deliver outcomes consistent with Government direction, departmental objectives and public expectations.
We encourage you to find out more about the Alberta Public Service Competency Model by following the links below:
$2,645.60 to $3,632.52 bi-weekly ($69,050 to $94,808 annually)
What we offer:
– Comprehensive benefits plan: http://www.psc.alberta.ca/employees/DocList122.cfm
– Pension plan: http://www.pspp.ca/
– Leadership and mentorship programs
– Professional learning and development
– Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred. Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Note: As only one file can be uploaded, please ensure your cover letter, resume and any other related documents are submitted in one file. Please ensure that this document is saved using the naming convention of your last then first name (Smith,Joe_Resume). Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) – http://work.alberta.ca/immigration/international-qualifications-assessment-service.html. It is recommended that applicants include the assessment certificate from IQAS or any other educational assessment service as part of their application.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Yulia Bulakh at (780) 638-1237. If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check http://www.jobs.alberta.ca for a listing of current career opportunities with the Government of Alberta.
How to Apply