Program Officer, Institute for Sustainable Communities, New Delhi/Pune
1. POSITION VACANT: Program Officer, Institute for Sustainable Communities, New Delhi/Pune
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Founded in 1991, the Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC) is an international not-for-profit organization, that helps communities around the world address environmental, economic and social challenges, to build a better future shaped and shared by all.
ISC builds the capacity of local leaders and organizations to address important global issues, including climate change, sustainable development and environmental protection, resulting in embedded capacity and lasting change.
Headquartered in Vermont, USA, ISC has its India offices in Delhi, Mumbai and Pune. It works across the globe to help communities, cities, industry and NGOs, accomplish environmental, economic, and social goals. ISC has led more than 110 projects in 30 countries and currently works in Asia and USA.
For more information about ISC, please visit https://sustain.org
PURPOSE OF THE POST:
ISC wishes to recruit an outstanding professional, to fill the vacancy for Program Officer (PO) to support the Water Stewardship in Indian Textile Sector Project. The project will advance new approaches to water stewardship engaging with key stakeholders (farmers, industry, NGOs and others) to encourage collaboration and maximize uptake of learnings.
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Associate Director, the Program Officer shall be responsible for the following:
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
(1) Support planning and implementation of projects, working closely with the team and implementing partners to refine, continuously improve, implement and evaluate the project deliverables and outcomes.
(2) Develop and sustain relationships with implementing partners, donor organizations and key stakeholders.
(3) Lead the planning and implementation of engagements such as trainings and workshops.
(4) Be fully responsible for standard project management tasks, including drafting project concepts, preparing budgets and work plans, managing contracts with consultants and partners, and completing timely reports for donors.
(5) Develop reports, papers and briefs, based on the analysis of data generated, as a part of project activities.
(6) Work closely with the Communications Team to develop and disseminate knowledge products on project outcomes and impacts.
(7) Conduct additional assigned research to support the development of the water programs in India.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
(1) Master’s degree in Environment Science/ Sustainable Development/ Development Studies or related discipline.
(1) Around 10 years of experience in the areas of environment conservation and/or water resource management;
(2) In-depth knowledge of key issues, trends, landscape and key actors in the environment domains;
(3) Experience of convening multi-stakeholder groups and program management;
(4) Experience of working with multiple stakeholders, including businesses, government, academia and civil society organizations.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
(1) Strong research and analytical skills;
(2) Good communication, project execution and planning skills;
(3) Ability to multi-task, along with a strong result-oriented approach;
(4) Ability to meet deadlines and effectively prioritize tasks under time constraints;
(5) Manage tasks with considerable independence, competence and discretion;
(6) Ability to communicate effectively in English and Hindi;
(7) Willingness to travel (~ 40% of the time).
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation budgeted for the position is Rs.11 lacs per annum. The actual offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history.
6. LOCATION: Delhi or Pune
7. REFERENCE: PO-ISC
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
9. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link https://recruitment.samshrm.com/Jobs/ISC, by or before June 30, 2020.