Job Title: SHELTER & WASH Coordinator**
Location: Gaziantep / Turkey**
Reporting Line: Programs Manager**
Job Status: Fixed term – 1 year (extendable)**
Probation Period: 3 months.
- Planning and implementing Shelter projects in accordance with SDI’s and donors’ guidelines and standards.
- Conducting needs assessments and identifying Shelter requirements according to the requirements of the projects.
- Building capacity of the local Shelter team in Syria depending on the size and structure of the team.
- Issuing progress and final reports of activities and projects in addition to accomplishments and statistics reports and sending them to donors and SDI’s program manager.
- Identifying geographic areas of interest to SDI under the humanitarian needs and context of vulnerable populations.
- Analyzing and reporting humanitarian needs and providing clear and detailed recommendations for interventions
- Setting proper targeting criteria and mechanisms to afford and meet the identified needs of vulnerable groups.
- Ensuring technical guidance to implement programs in multiple operation bases through regular field visits (30-50% of the time) according to donors’ and SDI’s requirements, internal procedures and program’s standards.
- Ensuring monitoring for Shelter projects (field visits, regular program monitoring, budget estimation, staff evaluation and planning, donors reports, monthly reports…etc.)
- Ensuring preparing and writing Shelter proposal and reporting to donors (framework, narrative, and budget) in cooperation with local staff and support team.
- Coordinating and cooperating with other program departments and support departments.
- Coordination with Shelter related partner organizations, NGOs, governmental bodies and groups.
- Ensure that awareness, water, sanitation and hygiene projects and programs are implemented effectively and professionally according to the culture and practices of the local population.
- Water, sanitation and hygiene programming.
- Advising the WASH team on water, sanitation and hygiene promotion programs, in wide coordination with other sectors.
- Ensure quality and safety of implementation, including adherence to technical guidelines, administrative regulations and deadlines set.
- Identify and address staff capacity building opportunities.
- Evaluate the importance and relevance of current and future programming in relation to the promotion of water, sanitation and hygiene in the local context.
- Advising on gender mainstreaming, protection and disaster risk reduction in project and program activities.
- Help prepare water, sanitation and hygiene proposals.
- Make inquiries to evaluate the water, sanitation and hygiene project costs for one year.
- Preparing the activity plan and the monitoring and evaluation system for the proposal.
- Analyze the basic study data to determine the basic needs of the beneficiaries.
- Pledge to build staff capacity in using mapping tools.
- Contribute to contingency planning for a potential emergency response in the area of water, sanitation and hygiene if necessary.
- Contribute to the preparation of internal and external reporting for NGOs and donors, including spending plans and status reports.
Representing the organization externally:
- Cooperation and coordination with the government, NGOs and UN agencies on Shelter, water, sanitation and hygiene issues at the Turkish level with the direct supervisor.
- Participate in Shelter, water, sanitation and hygiene meetings at the Turkey level and other relevant humanitarian / recovery coordination meetings.
- Ensure that all relevant stakeholders have information about the organization's background, program, goals and areas of work and the duration of programs and activities in the field.
- Strengthening relations with local and regional technical authorities.
- Ensure that there are valid MOUs with relevant stakeholders in the region.
- University degree in Architecture, Civil / Environmental Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
- Work experience within the required field for at least three years.
- Proven experience and a good understanding of humanitarian relief operations related to Syrian context, especially in mentioned sectors.
- Knowledge of Sphere project standards in humanitarian response.
- Experience with design and analysis software such as Autocad, SkyCiv, Solidface, and similar software, in addition to advanced knowledge of Microsoft office application especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project.
- Experience in dealing with sensitive issues and appreciation for how to deal with these issues in different contexts.
- Team leadership and high communication skills.
- Gender training will be an advantage.
How to apply
To apply, follow the link below:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Closing date for applications: 28/06/2020.