With world attention focused on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. This leading green group, with programs from Boston to Beijing, has tripled in size over the past decade by focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches. You can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life.
EDF pioneered the NGO/corporate partnership model, and over the past twenty years has worked with leading companies to reduce the environmental impacts of products and services and incorporate environmental considerations into business decisions. Our projects are designed to achieve significant environmental results, generate business benefits for our corporate partners, and create new industry-wide best practices. For more information on our work and examples of past and current partnerships, visit www.edf.org/approach/partnerships/corporate.
EDF’s Supply Chain team is focused on making everyday products safer and healthier, by improving the way they are designed, produced, distributed, and consumed. The Project Coordinator will focus on building our corporate sustainability work in the global supply chain. In particular, the Coordinator will support strengthening the demand signal from retailers and food brands to the supply chain to prioritize fertilizer optimization and soil health practices. They will also help support other work to advance EDF’s programmatic goals around climate and sustainable agriculture.
The Project Coordinator will help design, launch, and implement projects, as well as establish and develop relationships with retail, food, and agricultural players to support EDF’s work on supply chain sustainability. The Coordinator will work closely with colleagues in EDF’s Ecosystems program to advance EDF’s goals. This position will report to the Director, Supply Chains, based in Bentonville, AR.
- Manage collaboration projects with food companies, strengthen the demand signal and bolster local ag retailer efforts, which includes project data analysis, implementation check-ins and overseeing timelines and deliverables
- Develop and apply appropriate means for measuring the success of project(s)
- Investigate opportunities for the Supply Chain team related to food and agriculture
- Do analysis for and support development of the team’s global supply chain strategy
- Communicate program efforts and results to internal and external stakeholders through meetings, conferences, and other methods
- Assist with budgets for project work, develop work plans, help negotiate project agreements and scopes of work, and help identify and procure necessary resources.
- Research, identify and develop economic and business drivers for our work, including economic drivers, economic analysis, case development, and interaction with partners
- Become sufficiently knowledgeable about the scope and breadth of the program’s activities to participate effectively in science team, policy team, and communications team discussions
- Conduct relevant policy analysis, research and writing
- Play an integral role in other activities including evaluating and recommending new project ideas; disseminating and communicating project results; and being a team player in the development of a vibrant and entrepreneurial program
- At least three years of relevant work experience with bachelors or advanced degree with some related work experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Detail oriented, organized, a self-starter, able to adapt to frequent change and prioritize effectively under constant deadline pressure;
- Excellent strategic thinking skills and judgment;
- Adaptable and flexile while working with a diverse team from varied backgrounds.
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EDF is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Environmental Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer