The ICF Disaster Management division works with government agencies and communities to design and implement recovery programs and deliver increased resilience after a disaster strikes. Our functional expertise is in program management and operations, planning and preparedness, technical assistance and training, strategic communications and outreach, compliance and monitoring, implementation, and performance measurement and evaluation. Clients include states and localities administering HUD and FEMA funded disaster recovery and mitigation programs. We often work in close collaboration with ICF experts across the firm on related issues such as energy efficiency and green building, infrastructure, financial literacy, sustainable community development, and workforce development. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals to pursue their passions and generate results.
ICF is seeking a Senior Level Environmental Scientist to support our Disaster Management Division in Disaster Recovery efforts in Puerto Rico.
The Senior Environmental Scientist will manage and/or provide senior technical input and project management of planning and natural resources projects including but not limited to: preparing Habitat Conservation Plans, Feasibility Assessments, Initial Studies, Environmental Assessments, and Environmental Impact Statements and preparing work plans and conducting and/or overseeing supporting technical analyses for the aforementioned assessments and studies. Successful candidates will have experience working on projects required to comply with NEPA.
The Scientist may assist with business development efforts for key water sector clients and help expand ICF’s natural resources line of business within the United States. Current project workload is focused in Puerto Rico but could support other projects.
- Ensure all files are documented for program compliance with federal environmental regulations
- Inform, validate and provide written instructions on project implementation requirements
- Review environmental review records prepared by contractors for compliance and accuracy
- Provide accurate and compliant inputs to the development of environmental review records
- Providing training to state, contract, or local staff
- BS degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Planning, Biology, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in environmental consulting or related field with a focus on NEPA and environmental compliance
- 5+ years of experience managing natural resources and/or water resources projects with a thorough understanding of NEPA, and regulatory compliance.
- A history working with private and public sector clients, and regulatory agencies.
- Experience with establishment and management of project scope, schedules and budget, including, contract invoicing, client communications, and business development
- Ability to safely and effectively conduct field work under the supervision of and as part of a field team.
- Strong organizational, communication, facilitation, writing, and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Familiarity with Puerto Rican environmental resources and associated regulatory environment.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish fluency or literacy preferred
This job is a Section 3 eligible job opportunity. We encourage applications from individuals that are low income and/or living in Public Housing.