Postdoctoral Research Scientist position available in the Watershed Sciences Department at Utah State University as a collaboration between the Brahney Environmental Biogeochemistry Lab and Belmont Hydrology and Fine Sediment Lab.
Project: Identifying sediment sources and guiding conservation strategies for the Mississippi River Basin.
The successful candidate will be involved in a collaborative project aimed to identify sources of sediment to the Mississippi River. The postdoc will develop a sediment fingerprinting database to evaluate data gaps and develop best practices.
- PhD in relevant field (Geochemistry, Geomorphology, Biogeochemistry, etc)
- Familiarity with sediment fingerprinting methods
- Proficiency in R, Matlab, or Python
- Relevant experience in data architecture/modeling and data base management systems
Along with the online application, please attach:
- CV that includes the names and contact information for three references emailed to [email protected] and uploaded at the beginning of your application in the Candidate Profile under “Resume/CV”
- A letter describing your background, interest in the research area specifically addressing how you anticipate contributing to the project goals to be uploaded at the beginning of your application in the Candidate Profile under “Documents 1-10”
- Unofficial transcripts to be uploaded at the beginning of your application in the Candidate Profile under “Documents 1-10”
**Document size may not exceed 10 MB.**