We have an exciting opportunity to work on managing our surface water resources in a diverse role that engages across business units of Goulburn Murray Water (GMW) and with stakeholders in our region and beyond.
GMW is Australia’s largest rural water corporation, managing 70 per cent of Victoria’s stored water resources and Australia’s largest irrigation delivery network. We provide services to 25,000 customers, supporting a diverse, productive and sustainable region.
About the Role
GMW is seeking a dedicated and experienced River Operations Coordinator to join our team. The River Operations Coordinator will play a key role in the management of regulated surface water resources within the Goulburn and Murray regions.
This position contributes to the overall planning of our stored resources to ensure efficient water allocation and distribution.
Based in the Tatura office with flexible home working arrangements, your core responsibilities will include:
- Apply professional knowledge and judgement to the analysis of issues and problems relating to water resource management including day to day river flow planning and water accounting
- Manage projects associated with hydrology and water system operation
- Prepare seasonal determination assessments
- Liaise with staff, management and the public on water resource assessment and management issues
What do you need?
- Demonstrated experience in water management and hydrology
- Data analysis skills and ability to interpret and implement the results
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and engage with multiple stakeholders
- A bachelor’s degree relevant to water, engineering, science or natural resource management or a related field is highly desirable.
Here’s what we offer:
- A competitive salary – classification D Band in line with Goulburn-Murray Water 2021 Enterprise Agreement
- A workplace where our values are genuinely demonstrated and celebrated
- The flexibility to work between home and the office and adjust days and times as needed
- Individually tailored learning and development opportunities
- The opportunity to make your mark in the water industry and regional Victoria
For more information please view the position description below. For a confidential conversation, contact River Operations Manager Andrew Shields on 0407 565 159.
Applications close on Sunday 3 December 2023. To apply for this role please complete the GMW application form provided on our careers page and email together with a copy of your current CV to [email protected].
GMW is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. GMW encourages people with diverse backgrounds, experience and perspectives to apply.
We welcome applications from people with disability and aim to provide an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you need any help with the application process or would like to discuss reasonable adjustments to support you to take part in an interview, please contact: [email protected]