Sustainability Manager, Programs, Operations, and Engagement (including water)
Facebook is hiring a sustainability professional to join the Sustainability team. At Facebook we recognize the urgency of climate change and are committed to help tackle this global challenge. We are taking action by minimizing our emissions, using renewable energy and reducing our energy and water usage, protecting workers and the environment in our supply chain, and partnering with others around us to develop and share solutions for a more sustainable world. The role will leverage strong program management skills to drive sustainability reporting, communications, business integration efforts, collaborating closely with internal partners across the company, supporting external engagement programs, and helping manage emerging sustainability issues. We are looking for smart and flexible candidates who are enthusiastic about collaborating with others, strong analytical skills, with demonstrated technical and critical thinking abilities and exemplary communication skills. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of leading high-impact, cross-functional corporate sustainability projects at a global scale. This role will be based in our Bay Area campus in Fremont, CA.
Sustainability Manager, Programs, Operations, and Engagement Responsibilities
- Lead teammates focused on key programs, including water, reporting and transparency, Internal engagement, external engagement, and internal and external communications and marketing
- Coordinate intra-team operations and other efforts
- Foster and drive team coordination, collaboration, and goal setting
- Pull workstreams together to “get the most” out of the programs
- Support team lead with team logistics, including assisting the team in bringing together goals, run budget reviews, etc.
- Design and execute career development plans for teammates
- Ability to travel (10%)
- Undergraduate degree in business, communications, policy, marketing, or related field
- 12+ years of related sustainability experience
- Experience in managing people and teams, including junior teammates and more senior teammates
- Experience running team operations (budgets, team organization needs, collaboration within small and larger teams)
- Experience creating, designing, executing, and driving specific and broad strategic initiative
- Program management experience with demonstrated experience in self-managing complex program delivery in a fast-paced quick changing environment
- Analytical skills with an experience processing large amounts of data and information to derive insights, find patterns and develop actionable plans
- A self-starter, with an experience in diplomatically resolving issues through understanding conflicting inputs, achieving alignment, and proposing go-forward solutions
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams (engineering, design, policy/communications, legal) and managing relationships with stakeholders and external partners
- Experience communicating effectively with senior internal leadership
- Demonstrated experience learning and working on new projects. Knowledge of and Experience with GRI, CDP, DJSI, or SASB frameworks
- General understanding of sustainability issues relevant to Facebook
- Experience working with and managing external vendor
- Proven track record of translating ideas into action
- Communications skills
- Master’s degree in related field (e.g. MBA, Master’s in Sustainability Management)
- Strong understanding of Facebook products and services
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.