Available Title(s): 1132-YN_ADMINPRO – Extension Coordinator
Business Title: Environmental Stewardship Program Coordinator
Employee Type: Admin. Professional (+) (Fixed Term)
Time Type: Full time
Position Term: 12 Month
Summary of Duties:
Responsible for leading and supervising the development, implementation, and annual evaluation of water resource related environmental stewardship programs in Kitsap County. The position provides environmental expertise and implements volunteer training programs, provides volunteer management, public workshops, and educational events.
The position builds partnerships, networks, and collaborative working arrangements as necessary to carry out the program within the county, state, and federal agencies and with community-based groups and organizations. The position will collaborate with local partners to identify and prioritize volunteer project opportunities.
A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant extension program discipline and two (2) years of related program experience. Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Relevant Extension programs include Environmental Science, Marine Science, Biological Science or Environmental Education or related field.
- The two years of related program experience should involve two years of progressively responsible administrative/program support work including experience with community volunteer programs; any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis which provides the applicant the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Program experience includes progressively responsible administrative/program support work including experience with community volunteer programs.
- Competency in using electronic communication methods and equipment for Extension education and daily work activities.
- Must be able and willing to travel yearlong with reliable transportation.
- Must have the ability to read a map, aerial photos and measuring tools.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel within targeted counties.
- While using a private or WSU-owned vehicle for official business, must have current automobile liability insurance (meeting the requirements described in RCW 46.30.020and RCW 46.29.090).
- Ability to work a flexible, yet structured schedule with occasional night and weekend shifts to meet the needs of program partners and grant requirements.
- Employment is contingent upon passing a background screening.
- Master’s degree in any related field.
- Direct experience working with coastal, nearshore and forest upland education, monitoring and/or restoration projects.
- Demonstrated skills in training adults, demonstrated ability to recruit, organize, manage and recognize volunteers.
- Demonstrated use of interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally, in writing and through web pages.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with government agencies, community groups and diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new techniques, deal with rapid changes in events, remain calm in stressful situations, relate to various personality styles in a calm and professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member, independently and be self-motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to organize trainings, workshops and events and to facilitate meetings and planning sessions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively, with persons of varying levels of responsibility and experience, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Workday.
- Experience in higher education, local or state agency, or equivalent.
Area/College: WSU Extension
Department Name: Ag & Natural Resources
City, State, Zip: Bremerton, WA 98337
Department Link: https://extension.wsu.edu/kitsap/water-stewardship/
Monthly Salary: $4,050.92 – $4,940.13
In accordance with RCW 49.58.110, the above salary reflects the full salary range for this position. Individual placement within the range is based on the candidate’s current experience, education, skills, and abilities related to the position. Successful candidates typically begin up to mid-point of the salary range. For additional information, please review WSU’s Administrative Professional Compensation.
WSU offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid sick and vacation leave; paid holidays; medical, dental, life and disability insurance package for employees and dependents; retirement; deferred compensation and optional supplemental retirement accounts.
For a more detailed summary of benefits offered by WSU for AP staff visit: https://hrs.wsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/2023-Benefit-Overview-for-Faculty-and-AP.pdf.
Find total compensation information here: https://hrs.wsu.edu/managers/recruitment-toolkit/total-compensation/.
Overtime Eligibility: Overtime Eligible
Temporary End Date: This is a temporary position expected to end one year from date of hire. Renewal is dependent on the need for extension and/or if additional funding is secured to extend employment. Funding has been renewed successfully for several years and we expect funding to continue to be renewed.
Posting Close Date: Applicants must submit their completed application by Monday, November 27, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
Screening Begin Date: November 27, 2023
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check because it requires access to children or vulnerable adults as defined by RCW 74.34, engages in law enforcement, requires security clearance, interacts with WSU students in a counseling or advising capacity, has access to personal identifying and/or financial information, unsupervised access to university buildings/property, or other business-related need. A background check will not be completed until an initial determination of qualification for employment has been made.
Applicants must upload the following required documents to their online application.
External candidates, please upload all documents in the “Resume/CV” section of your application. Internal candidates, please upload all documents in the “Resume/Cover Letter” section of your application. Documents may be submitted in one file or separate files. Applicants are encouraged to upload as a PDF if possible. Applicants will be requested to provide contact information for professional references within the online application. Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements.
- Cover Letter
Once your application has been submitted, you will not be able to log back in and upload/ submit any additional documents. Please ensure all required documents are uploaded prior to submitting.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or [email protected].