Program Associate (Economic Policy and Analysis)
The Program Associate will provide vital programmatic and administrative support to the Office of the Chief Economist. The individual will work to develop and implement efficient protocols for project tracking, scheduling, correspondence, budget coding/expenses, team coordination, and meeting and event planning. The primary responsibilities will be mostly administrative, but there may be opportunities to support research and associated tasks where appropriate. This position reports directly to the Program Director, Office of the Chief Economist (OCE).
- Manage the calendar of OCE’s Chief Economist; schedule individual and team meetings, appointments, and conference calls (often across various time zones domestically and internationally) and manage booking of associated conference rooms and/or conference phone lines.
- Coordinate and make travel arrangements for multiple senior staff members, while anticipating and proactively resolving scheduling or logistical conflicts.
- Lead, coordinate, organize and execute the planning of OCE internal and external events including travel for both internal and external participants as well as meeting logistics (e.g. meeting space, catering, etc.), and material development (e.g. agendas).
- Process expense reports, invoices, and American Express statements for several senior staff; work with Finance and OCE staff to ensure project codes and proposal numbers are used appropriately to track expenses as needed.
- Assist with coordination and tracking of consulting contracts and grant agreements; ensure EDF internal policies and processes are followed, and work with Finance to ensure payments are made.
- Manage OCE internship program, identifying intern needs each semester as well as potential candidates; schedule interviews; liaise with HR to make offers; lead onboarding of new interns; help managers provide support during respective intern terms; track details of intern terms and associated budgetary expenses for OCE records.
- Organize task lists and project execution; document and track deliverables and next steps from meetings and workshops.
- Act as a liaison between OCE and internal departments/external partners; actively stay up to date on team workflows; coordinate and disseminate information within and across teams.
- Actively work to improve systems, operations, procedures, and processes; update file libraries/archives, including proactively managing and improving Dropbox and/or other platforms for managing files.
- Track, manage and streamline program subscriptions and dues.
- Photocopy, fax and mail materials as needed and be available and ready to support various on-site needs; broadly lend admin support to staff when needed.
- Take on special projects including initiatives to improve communications, project development and efficiency between OCE and other EDF programs or departments.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years professional experience.
- A proven track record of excellence in administrative and logistical support.
- High level of organizational and logistical skills and extremely detail-oriented.
- Proactive self-starter with a strong ability to anticipate logistical needs, quickly resolve issues or conflicts and to think ahead to meet the needs of staff for successful results.
- Ability to track multiple projects, execute on complex and detailed logistics and manage workflows of a team towards a deadline.
- Ability to be responsive to and juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment, manage last-minute changes, and remain calm and focused.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for executive level logistics management with proclivity for discretion and tact as well as prompt and detail-oriented follow up.
- Ability to oversee, coordinate and execute projects with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks and to prioritize requests from several staff.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point) and Adobe software programs.
- Excellent writing, proofreading and clerical skills.
- Interest in the non-profit sector, environmental issues and economics and policy preferred.