We love water and love life. What we do makes a vital contribution to Melbourne’s famous lifestyle. We achieve this by supplying high quality drinking water, providing outstanding sewerage services, integrating drainage systems, building resilience to flooding and by enhancing our waterway and land for greater community use. It’s a pride we share in helping to make greater Melbourne a fantastic place to live.
Reporting to the Team Leader Water Resource Assessment you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference and add to our work environment, within a place where you can learn and perform to your fullest potential.
As the Water Resource System Analyst you’ll be responsible to undertake water resource assessments and modelling developments to support the short-term and long-term planning of Melbourne’s water resources and provide technical information based on modelling assessments to inform various initiatives of State Government.
Make an Impact
Become part of a talented and passionate team dedicated to enhancing life and liveability in Melbourne and beyond. Doing truly meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents.
We provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Melbourne Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
Melbourne Water is committed to flexible working. We offer a variety of flexible arrangements to suit our employees varied needs and the business, including purchased leave, varied start and finish times, working from alternative locations, part time work and 9-day fortnights. We understand that Melbourne Water and our customers benefit from enabling our employees to achieve balance in work and life.
Our people are passionate, welcoming and inclusive. We welcome applications from everyone, including people with disability, mature age and young job seekers, members of the LGBTI+ community, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Melbourne Water welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Your Skills and Experience
- Sound knowledge and/or experience in water resource system analysis and hydrological planning techniques
- Knowledge and/or experience in water resources system simulation modelling, optimisation techniques and modelling tools such as REALM and eWater Source
- Demonstrated experience in analytical and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of modelling other components of the urban water cycle (e.g. hydraulic or hydrologic modelling for flooding, storm water, rivers, sewerage systems)
- High level of skills with MS Office products, particularly Excel
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment to improve processes, respond to various demands and manage multiple activities simultaneously
Your ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders is required together with a qualification in Civil/ Environmental Engineering or Hydrology.
For more information, please see the attached Position_Description
How to apply
Click on the “apply” button and complete the online application form.