Job purpose and background
Do you have a keen eye for data? Passionate about improving global water security and developing a career in environmental sustainability? CDP has an excellent opportunity for you to join the fast-paced and diligent scoring team managing the process of scoring the water security questionnaire.
CDP scores companies and cities on their environmental performance. We are looking for a Senior Technical officer with expertise in water security issues, to join the CDP Scoring team and contribute to the successful delivery of the 2020 CDP scoring process.
About the Scoring Team
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Scoring team which assesses the disclosure of thousands of companies in order to generate a score that is a snapshot of a company’s performance in environmental themes: climate change, water security and deforestation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working to deliver CDP’s annual scoring cycle, including:
- Training external scoring partners and managing relationships with them
- Responding to technical queries about implementation of the scoring methodologies.
- Developing, testing and supporting scoring IT tools
- Carrying out quality assurance and data quality processes on scoring
- Analysis of scoring data and trends
- Supporting the wider scoring team developing and delivering scoring methodologies and related guidance for Water Security and other themes where necessary.
- Preparing presentations and presenting information to colleagues and companies
Required skills and experience:
- Academic and/or professional experience in corporate sustainability, specifically as it relates to water management.
- Strong prioritization, time management and organizational skills, with an ability to work effectively under pressure, whilst still paying attention to detail
- The ability to understand, organize and analyze qualitative and quantitative data
- An ability to quickly process complex information, and a logical approach to problem-solving
- Facility with IT tools, including proficiency in MS tools including excel for data analysis
- Proven ability to learn and become proficient in new IT systems quickly
Desirable skills and experience:
- Knowledge of data analysis languages such as R, basic programming skills.
- Demonstrable ability to synthesize complex technical information and communicate it effectively to a non-technical audience, verbally or in writing.
- Experience developing benchmarks or KPIs to measure corporate sustainability progress
- Experience working with international teams and managing relationships
- Familiarity with relevant organizations, standards and reporting systems working in corporate water management such as: GRI, CEO Water mandate, WRI Aqueduct, WWF Water risk filter.
This is a full-time contract, reporting into the Technical Manager, Cross-theme Scoring, and can be based working from home during lockdown, and then at CDP’s Central London office (once restrictions are lifted).
Salary: c. £27,000 per annum depending on experience, for 6 months initially plus potential for extension.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply:
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to [email protected] with ‘Senior Technical Officer Water Scoring’ and your name in the subject line.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis with a final deadline of Monday 22nd June 9am BST. Please note that, while all applications will be reviewed, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.