“PUB is an organisation that is recognised internationally for good water management. PUB won the 2007 Stockholm Industry Water Award and was named Water Agency of the Year 2006 in the international Global Water Awards. In 2008, PUB was awarded the Singapore Quality Award for business excellence. NEWater, Singapore’s high-quality reclaimed water, also clinched the ‘Environmental Contribution of the Year’ at the Global Water Awards 2008. At PUB, the national water agency, you will enjoy opportunities to build a clear future for the water industry.”
You will be part of PUB’s Industry and Technology Collaboration Department responsible for the formulation and implementation of strategies to establish Singapore as a Global Hydrohub, and grow a vibrant water research and innovation ecosystem to support PUB’s overall mission as Singapore’s national water agency. In your role in the Water Industry Programme Office, you will have the unique opportunity to work across government agencies, academic and research institutions and industry stakeholders to coordinate and synergise research and innovation activities under the water domain. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in the organisation of the Singapore International Water Week, a biennial global water event to share and co-create innovative water solutions.
The main roles and responsibilities include:
- Implement water research and innovation strategies under the Water Industry Programme Office which oversees the National Research Foundation (NRF) water-related research grants.
- Synchronise efforts of government agencies, academic and research institutions and industry partners to develop innovative solutions to meet national water needs
- Monitor and report progress of NRF-funded programmes and initiatives
- Administer the disbursement of NRF research grants
- Check and verify quarterly claim submissions
- Ensure timely grant disbursement for NRF-funded research projects
- Implement digital transformation and process improvement initiatives to streamline grant administration processes
- Bachelor’s Degree with good honours in Science, Engineering or Business discipline.
- Fresh graduates are eligible to apply.
- Relevant working experience in grant administration would be an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and a good team player.
- Motivated individual who is meticulous with good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent command of written and spoken English