Do you need a cumulative and motivational environment?
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Institute (WASH Institute) established during the year 2008, is a registered non-profit government technical, training, research and development organization dedicated to providing practical solutions to tackle a wide range of water, sanitation and hygiene issues in India. Headquartered in Kodaikanal (Tamil Nadu), WASH Institute was granted the status of National Key Resource Centre by the then Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation (MDWS), now Ministry of Jal Shakti, Govt. of India in the year 2010. WASH Institute operates from different branch offices that are in Reddiar Chatram, Chennai, Madurai and Thiruppullani (Tamil Nadu), Munger (Bihar), Bhadrachalam (Telangana), Noida and Saharanpur (Uttar Pradesh), Malur (Karnataka), Anaparthy (Andhra Pradesh) and New Delhi. WASH Institute also have an academic wing that conducts formal courses at Reddiarchatram, Tamil Nadu in affiliation with the Madurai Kamaraj University. The Institute has also a proven track record of organizing National Workshops/conferences on various themes of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene. WASH Institute India is looking to recruit motivated personnel to share the vision of WASH Institute – “a world where all the communities have access to safe, protected and sustainable drinking water and sanitation services, with improved hygiene practices”.
Name of the position: Project Officer
No. of positions: 1
Duty Station: Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Desired Qualification: M.S.W., – M.A. (Sociology) or M.A., Social Work with relevant experience in Water and Sanitation projects in schools with 3-5 years’ experience in NGO/development sector .
The Candidate should possess excellent knowledge of operating MS-Office package and the internet
• Overall project coordination.
• Guide and mentor team members to implement the project successfully.
• Maintain strict activity deadlines.
• Meet all stakeholders periodically and discuss about work progress and strategy.
• Prepare and submit regular progress report of the project.
• Meet with the funding organisation periodically and update them on the progress of the project.
• Prepare reports, presentation and other documents as and when required.
• Mobilise resources from different stakeholders.
• Plan, strategize, execute and monitor the projects/activities.
• Lead the contractor-selection process and monitor the construction work to ensure quality.
• Ensuring timely fund release to the contractors.
• Develop IEC materials and provide training to team members in the proper usage of the same.
• Represent the project on various forums and networks to share the project outcome/ impact.
• Undertake necessary Networking and Advocacy with Govt. for necessary approvals and resource convergence.
• Undertake any other task as assigned by the organisation from time to time.
Sound knowledge of speaking, reading and writing in Hindi and English is essential.
Age limit: within 40 years
The annual Salary (CTC) will commensurate with the available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process.
How to Apply :
Please submit your recent curriculum vitae, including up to a 250 words summary explaining why you think you are suitable for this position. Application can be e-mailed to the following address: [email protected] .
The last date to submit application is 18th June, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. When e-mailing, please mention the post and location in the “subject” line.
WASH Institute is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.