SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation with long-term, local presence in over 30 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our team of over 1100 experts works with local partners to equip communities and businesses with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services. SNV works across three sectors: Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene. With over € 100 million annual turnover, SNV is growing its portfolio of international institutional donors and commercial partners and is aiming for further growth.
The “Climate Proofed Water Services to the Poor” (CPWSP) is 5 year programme being implemented by a consortium including SNV in the Arid and Semi-Arid Lands (ASAL) in Kenya. The Programme is funded by the European Union and is planned to run from the beginning of 2017 to 2020. CPWSP will be implemented in collaboration with local partners in selected Arid and Semi-Arid Counties in Kenya, leveraging on existing projects and relationships to ensure sustainable results are achieved and bring maximum benefit to targeted communities.
CPWSP is aligned with the Common Programme Framework (CPF) that operationalises Kenya’s ‘Ending Drought Emergencies’ (EDE) strategy. The EDE is the Government’s commitment to end the worst of the suffering caused by drought by 2022. The EDE-CPF was developed jointly between the Government and its development partners and focuses on the 23 most drought-prone ASAL counties in Kenya.
The Team Leader will deliver effective Public Private Community Partnerships (PPCPs) as a key part of water provision in ASAL regions. S/he will have responsibility for overall design and management of the programme, ensuring quality control and timeliness of all deliverables as required by the donor.
Team Leadership- 30%
- Leadership and overseeing the project team and programme design.
- Recruit, oversee and develop service providers and local national staff.
- Manage intra-project cross-overs and knowledge sharing within SNV.
- Develop an effective strategy of introducing successful Public Private Community Partnerships.
Project Management- 30%
- Project implementation and reporting.
- Monitor budgets and expenditures.
- Serve as primary point of contact for CPWSP in close liaison with the country WASH Sector Leader.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with stakeholders and partners.
Technical Responsibility- 40%
- Provide leadership in advisory services on the water supply, revenue generation and development of public private community partnership components of the programme.
- Proactively engage national and local governments in developing strategies for improvement of enabling environment (policy advocacy) for women in business.
- Work with local stakeholders in developing local solutions that support sustainable and climate resilient water supplies.
- Master’s degree in water engineering, natural resource management, hydrology or equivalent;
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in project oversight; strategic planning, programme development and implementation, results-based management and reporting;
- Demonstrated experience on water resource development;
- Demonstrated working knowledge on sector development models and performance based contracting.
- Experience with market systems and Public Private Partnerships.
- Experience in providing advisory services, hands-on experience in planning and design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development policies and programmes and establishing inter-relationships among international organizations and national governments.
- Experience in developing and maintaining strong partnerships and in mobilizing resources.
- Faultless communication skills, both oral and written in English.
Nanyuki with frequent travel to Nairobi, Kenya
DESIRED APPOINTMENT DATE: January 2017
Please apply by clicking on the apply link above and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before before 16 December. For more information you can send an e-mail to [email protected]