The Hygiene Promotion Officer (m/f/d) is responsible for all hygiene promotion related tasks of the Malteser Program in Maiduguri, Borno state, Nigeria. Within the responsibilities, the HP officer will need to ensure compliance with Malteser International’s and donor administrative, financial, safety and security and logistic procedures in the work.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and conduct the Hygiene Promotion Campaign, complying the rules and regulations of Malteser International and donors
- Identify, select and coordinate the Community Hygiene Promoters, organize and conduct trainings
- Plan, coordinate and conduct hygiene promotion campaign activities such as household interviews, focal group discussions or events in schools
- Design and draft IEC (Information, Education and Communication) material for the hygiene promotion campaign
- File all documents concerning correspondence, reports and administration and keep hygiene promotion folders up to date
- Document all hygiene promotion campaign related activities well and establish a good filing system
- Ensure continuous effective liaison target communities (IDP and Host) as well as local and government authorities and other stakeholders
- Coordinate well on a daily base with administration (Logistics and Finance) and other program staff
- Report to the supervisor all difficulties and relevant information as well as all relevant issues concerning safety, security and success of the program in a timely manner
- Working experience in the field of Marketing and humanitarian relief or relevant University degree or applied degree in related domains
- Proven experience and excellent ability to successfully work with local and international bodies (esp. INSO, UNDSS, etc)
- Proven experience of working with international NGOs in humanitarian and crisis contexts
- Proven communication skills including the ability to effectively motivate people and to communicate in a trustful and culturally sensitive way
- Willingness, physical and mental strength to work in deep field locations in Borno state
- Starting date: 22. June 2020
- Duty Station: Maiduguri, Nigeria
- Duration of contract: 6 months
- Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package
- Kindly note that this a national position
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at our job portal.
Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) until June 16th, 2020.