Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID Mali Rural Water Infrastructure Governance activity. The five-year, $10 million to $25 million activity seeks to improve water infrastructure in rural Mali to better deliver critically needed water to Malians and contribute to sustainable systems for conserving and distributing water. The activity will improve the governance of rural water infrastructure by building the capacity of rural Malian communities to construct, maintain, and sustainably manage safe and reliable water sources to increase the availability and use of safe drinking water and water for agriculture. The chief of party will be based in Bamako or elsewhere in Mali and will travel within the country. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise and serve as the primary liaison with USAID on strategic, managerial, and technical matters
- Manage and implement the program and incorporate technical direction from the designated USAID contracting officer’s representative
- Plan, organize, and ensure oversight of all program interventions
- Ensure that all activities conform to the terms and conditions of the contract — including cost, schedule, and quality parameters — and interface with clients, conferring with the USAID contracting officer’s representative on challenges and opportunities to maximize impact and scale, minimize costs, and maximize efficiency and sustainability to achieve targeted results
- Manage funds and other resources as well as associated subcontracts and grants under contract
- Prepare status reports, budget information and other documentation
- Supervise field-office team
- Master’s degree in economics, business, international development, public policy, or another relevant field required
- At least 15 years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, and technical roles working with programs of a similar scope and complexity required (at least 10 years must be in a management or leadership position)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in international development, preferably in governance, water and sanitation, environmental management, and/or similar fields. Minimum five years of experience as chief of party or donor-funded program leadership position preferred
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage challenging projects involving public and private sector stakeholders
- High level of interpersonal, technical, and analytical skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively and collaborate with a broad range of public and private sector counterparts and other key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of capacity development, professional development, and systems strengthening
- Ability to appropriately and effectively interact with numerous Malian government institutions and senior-level national and county-level government officials
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex, politically charged environments across different cultures and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French required. Other local languages preferred
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to [email protected] no later than Friday, June 26, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.