Job Posting: 15/Nov/2023
Closure Date: 29/Nov/2023, 11:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FNLEB – FAO Representation in Lebanon
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: Consultant
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Lebanon
Duration: 40 Working Days
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture.
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply;
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
Following the Framework Agreement between the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations FAO is currently in the formulation process of a project “Entry Phase”. The objective of the entry phase is to design and finalize the project document for “Enhancing resilience of Lebanon’s Water and Food Systems”, Phase 1. This project aims to enhance the resilience of the vulnerable farming communities of Lebanese and Syrians refugees and improve their access to resources in a sustainable way. A fully developed project proposal is to be submitted to the SDC for the review meeting.
The Technical Coordinator will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Lebanon, under the direct supervision of the Liaison and Resilience Officer and in close collaboration with the Lead Technical Officer and formulation team members.
The Technical Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all activities related to the formulation of fully developed proposal and ensure cohesion between the project components under design in line with the agreement signed between FAO and SDC.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Review and update Project Implementation Plan (PIP) and finalize the selection process of needed expertise.
• Collect relevant inputs from the project team to develop the full project document in terms of technical design (activities/actions under each project component), logical framework, human and financial resources, relevant project actors and management arrangement, and ensure that the inputs and proposed activities and implementation modalities are compliant with SDC, FAO and national requirements.
• Lead in the preparation and management of LoAs with selected partners..
• Coordinate the work of the project technical experts, ensure task force coordination meeting occur regularly and studies/assessments are conducted as stated in project document. Findings to feed into proposal.
• Conduct mission and carry out the needed meetings/consultations with mission members, stakeholders, and government officials. Document all consultations and ensure that the design is well positioned with relevant strategies and methodologies to strengthen the humanitarian, development, and peace nexus.
• Develop the project organigram, staffing requirements, tasks arrangement and HR financial resources aligned with the
• Draft and finalize the project proposal by providing guidance and consolidating the inputs from the team specialists and ensure the compliance of project proposal with SDC policies and principles, FAO policies and national requirements.
• Lead the responding to the comments during the SDC review and reflect the necessary changes in the proposal as relevant.
• Perform any other related duties to ensure timely submission of a fully-fledged proposal as per the agreement with SDC.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• At least a master’s degree in water resources management, agriculture, environmental sciences, civil engineering, or a related discipline.
• A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in water management, food security or related fields.
• An excellent working knowledge (level C) of written and spoken English and working knowledge (level B) of the local language (Arabic or French)
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Proven experience in leading and managing project teams, including successful project completion and delivery.
• Strong technical knowledge in water resources management and food security.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in writing project proposals, reports and technical documents Water Resources Management
• Agricultural Expertise
• Environmental Science
• Data Analysis
• Project Management
• Strategic planning
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
- FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For more information, visit the FAO employment website
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help or have queries, please create a one-time registration with FAO’s client support team for further assistance: https://fao.service-now.com/csp
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT